Raider/Pirate Technology

Started by Goo Poni, September 08, 2014, 11:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goo Poni

Seriously, what do they have back at their home colonies of thousands of people (how else do they sustain the losses they do?)

I imagine they have one of these things tucked away inside their base, that's why raiders always come in drop pods instead of wander in.

To those unfamiliar to what the link is, it's an artillery piece that loads up units and fires them across the map. Instant deepstrikes whenever you want.

EscapeZeppelin

Quote from: Goo Poni on September 08, 2014, 11:37:28 AMSeriously, what do they have back at their home colonies of thousands of people (how else do they sustain the losses they do?)

I always imagined that Rimworld took place in a universe where civilization was starting to break down, like the fall of Rome. People are fleeing the Glitterworlds only to arrive at the Rimworlds to discover that they were in worse shape than the planets they left. According to the game's lore the Rimworld you land on is a Glitterworld that collapsed long ago. People arrive and wake up from cold sleep to discover that their only option for survival is to take what they need by force.

BetaSpectre

If its within the initial stages of a societal break down then Hollywood tactics can be forgiven. Also add in the fact that Gliterworlds aren't made of Tactitions. Chances are the Pirates are enslaved/Conscripted chumps zerg rushing your colony possibly as a means of defense or to take resources.

Still there's alot of work on Raider AI to be done.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Marguaritee

I've done that already, do not you. It is true, I'll get it, do not you think it.

HatesYourFace

Quote from: Marguaritee on September 11, 2014, 06:34:11 AM
I've done that already, do not you. It is true, I'll get it, do not you think it.

Well yeah that's obvious, but what if they do it not you, get it when they've already got you not think it?
If you have any 2 of the following 3 things: Time, Interest, or Ability; Head on over to the RimWorld wiki and help improve/update it! http://rimworldwiki.com

Goo Poni

Quote from: HatesYourFace on September 13, 2014, 10:05:08 AM
Quote from: Marguaritee on September 11, 2014, 06:34:11 AM

Well yeah that's obvious, but what if they do it not you, get it when they've already got you not think it?

???

Xanithas

Quote from: Goo Poni on September 08, 2014, 11:37:28 AM
Seriously, what do they have back at their home colonies of thousands of people (how else do they sustain the losses they do?)

I imagine they have one of these things tucked away inside their base, that's why raiders always come in drop pods instead of wander in.

To those unfamiliar to what the link is, it's an artillery piece that loads up units and fires them across the map. Instant deepstrikes whenever you want.

DID SOMEONE CALL FOR A DEEP STRIKE???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeCfod1XT7E

Jaxxa

I was just thinking that we need to mod in the ability for colonists to deep strike.