[A9] Skullywags Weapons, Tools and Trinkets

Started by skullywag, September 08, 2014, 06:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reaper

Try adding a silver amount to the trader you missed that...

And no not even with that fix is the mod usable... bleed damage..... people who are hitwith the gun sometimes get kicked outa med beds.

skullywag

ok ive come back to this, updated the injury defs to contain bleed (which is wrong btw, not everything causes bleed or that needs renaming..but meh) the trader def is the only thing im having issues with, no matter what i do get an error when the trader shows up, the UI is all fine but I cannot trade the guns, ive bumped my help thread in the help section on this matter. If I dont get any help soon ill put a version with no traders up so you can at least get the guns.

That other stungun aint mine, think thats the standalone stungun mod.

I also took Reapers notes on the stats onboard and changed them as follows:

<accuracyTouch>0.85</accuracyTouch>
<accuracyShort>0.70</accuracyShort>
<accuracyMedium>0.60</accuracyMedium>
<accuracyLong>0.50</accuracyLong>
<warmupTicks>600</warmupTicks>
<range>18</range>

Set it to 10secs cooldown, 20 was painful....play with it let me know...once i upload it. lol
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Reaper

Quote from: skullywag on September 16, 2014, 04:46:47 AM
ok ive come back to this, updated the injury defs to contain bleed (which is wrong btw, not everything causes bleed or that needs renaming..but meh) the trader def is the only thing im having issues with, no matter what i do get an error when the trader shows up, the UI is all fine but I cannot trade the guns, ive bumped my help thread in the help section on this matter. If I dont get any help soon ill put a version with no traders up so you can at least get the guns.

That other stungun aint mine, think thats the standalone stungun mod.

I also took Reapers notes on the stats onboard and changed them as follows:

<accuracyTouch>0.85</accuracyTouch>
<accuracyShort>0.70</accuracyShort>
<accuracyMedium>0.60</accuracyMedium>
<accuracyLong>0.50</accuracyLong>
<warmupTicks>600</warmupTicks>
<range>18</range>

Set it to 10secs cooldown, 20 was painful....play with it let me know...once i upload it. lol

One thing i noticed when browsing the traders xml is that you might not have given them any silver?

and 20 is supposed to be painful, The stun gun should be a one timer per fight weapon.

And i figured out what my other stunner was from, it was a unfinshed item from the turret ammo mod.

your trader is custom right?

looking beetween the core xml traderkinds  and yours the thing i noticed is that you don't have,      
                        <li>
            <itemDef>Silver</itemDef>
            <amountMin>2400</amountMin>
            <amountMax>3000</amountMax>
         </li>

now i may just be crazy or not a modder, But i think this controls how much silver a trader has and if they have silver at all.

So I added that bit in to your old copy of the mod. and the trader no longer freezes the game.

But the trader code in the base game only like commodities in that first menu.

Workarounds
1 talk to another modder and see if there is a way to limit weapon selection for traders so that your new trader only carries your weapons(the trader once i fixed them sold normal weapons)
2 add a commodity(box/case/crate) for each gun and a bill on the machining table, Then have a bill to open that box.

skullywag

I've fixed all that in my local copy. It makes no difference. If I have no trader and just make the weapons tradeable they will appear in the combat trader and work fine but my own traderdef wont work. I might just remove the trader until I get a response from Tynan/someone who knows if custom trading is bugged.

edit - Just had confirmation weapons cannot be sold as resources they can only be mixed in with other weapons currently and sold via traders which have trades weapons set to true. Ill upload a new version shortly with the custom trader removed, itll have to be luck based for now. But after using my mod for 3 hours I have a few stunguns and a couple of flamethrowers so its not too bad.

skullywag

Added download back in, traderdef removed, you now get the guns by killing raiders or randomly in combat trader.

Stungun changed to 20 sec cooldown  ;)

Reaper

Quote from: skullywag on September 16, 2014, 07:02:10 PM
Added download back in, traderdef removed, you now get the guns by killing raiders or randomly in combat trader.

Stungun changed to 20 sec cooldown  ;)
HURRAYYY!!!!

skullywag

Updated to Alpha 7, Haplo finally gave me the poke I needed to get the stungun injury working again.

Please test this I had issues before with the traders, I wanna make sure ive ironed them out.

Geokinesis

skullywag

thrakkemarn

Cool going to test. Just curious why you went with a warmup of 10 seconds? Wouldn't a stungun typically be loaded and ready to fire requiring a second or so to aim, and then have a cooldown of 10 seconds to reload?

skullywag

You are correct think I switched some values round while testing. Ill tweak it shortly.

Edit - tweaked that down to half second warmup, set the COOLDOWN to 20 seconds...you gotta get close...

thrakkemarn

Perfect! I modified it myself to test it yesterday and like the way it works that way.

It's a super high risk reward weapon out in the field but perfect for keeping the peace in the base and in between raids.

Could you also add a tazer that was the same thing but melee with a high hit chance?

skullywag

Havent done any melee stuff but got to start somewhere. I just finished messing with a railgun for giggles, has particles and vaporizes targets, SOOO fun. Consider the tazer the next weapon in dev. Ill get the railgun uploaded shortly for people to play with I'm having too much fun to keep it to myself. :)

skullywag

Railgun added..this thing is a monster..and im in love with the "mote" system, Tynan please let me add my own....PLEASE!

skullywag

Tazer is in, simple melee weapon causes spasm on hit and incaps. For some reason the impact sound of "Electric" doesnt do anything it seems, im gonna raise this in the mod help section and see if in future modders cannot add their own impact sounds.