[A9] Skullywags Weapons, Tools and Trinkets

Started by skullywag, September 08, 2014, 06:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rditto48801

I am using the automatic/manned turret bases that came with the Miscellaneous mod.
Always (less than) eager to stockpile 3 metric tons of steel to replicate a useful gun.

Dr. Watson. Proving that being wrong is one step closer to being right.

skullywag

Thatll be why then im guessing it has its textures left to right not up and down but by default if you put a vanilla weapon on a turret itll fire from the side hence i rotated mine for my turret, ill see how haplos done it, he may be looking for top graphic of the same name and doing somethimg funky. Ill check this out tonight and either fix mine or advise haplo how he can fix his.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

Ok confirmed. Haplo rotates the image in code whereas i just rotate the image. So he rotates my already rotated image. Seeing as my guns are stuff so i can build them all from 1 button and only my guns (and the core ones when using my turret mod) can be used on my turret ill update my end to be more compatible. Thisll probably be for A10 now though so for now rotate all the images sideways and itll work fine if you are using Haplos turret.

UMK

Due to damned storyteller taser is the most fearsome weapon.Killed a raider like in 5 hits.

skullywag

yeah the tazer is being adjusted.....its awesome but just reks everything.

Saularian

Almost forgot, I sniffed around in the source code a couple of days ago and my first guess was in the right direction: the chance for incap is set at 35% and as extreme pain has a 50/50 chance to incap/death or survive the calculation would come down to a 8.75% chance of incapping through extreme pain...  So this would need some C# coding to accomplish the incap effect through pain to work as intended.

I'm currently looking at the coding from the zombie apoc. mod as this implements a high chance of contracting the zombie infection through attacks. If I can find out what makes it tick that way, it could be used, tweaked and edited to be able and use an attack that implements the anesthetic disease-base. I tried it out by altering the woundinfection hediff and added the line for max consciousness to 0.1 to the first stage (minor) and it worked, although it takes a little time before a wound does get infected (even at 100% infectionchance)...

I'll let you know if I find anything, and I'll probably ask on the help forum if anyone has any ideas on this one.

skullywag

I already know how to do this in dll infact it was originally done this way but was moved to xml defs for ease. Ive already got it working but im holding all releases/updates for a10.

dj bnw

For some reason , your alpha 9 shaped charge mod isn't work for me. I am on Alpha 9e and I took a look at your xmls and some tags are outdated??  like <useHitpoints> and <maxHealth>

However the main problem is that the detonate button doesn't work. I have another "shaped charge" mod but I use that for making IEDs and those work fine.

Do you think there is a reason why the detonate button doesn't do anything? I did actually put the files the same folder for compilation sake but I don't think that's the problem.

Thanks!

Saularian

Quote from: dj bnw on April 23, 2015, 07:01:51 AM
For some reason , your alpha 9 shaped charge mod isn't work for me. I am on Alpha 9e and I took a look at your xmls and some tags are outdated??  like <useHitpoints> and <maxHealth>

However the main problem is that the detonate button doesn't work. I have another "shaped charge" mod but I use that for making IEDs and those work fine.

Do you think there is a reason why the detonate button doesn't do anything? I did actually put the files the same folder for compilation sake but I don't think that's the problem.

Thanks!

You are not using the the A9 version of skullywags shaped charge. <useHitpoints> and <MaxHitpoints> are introduced into A10, so the .dll and defs are tailored to the alpha 10 source, which is different from the A9 source (some things would work, but a lot won't) but you could have seen that in the debug loggger (yellow and red texts would appear like that it could not find a thingdef in .verse or something like that). Alpha 9 and Alpha 10 don't mix  ;)

Edit: btw, you can find skullywags mods over here: [MODPACK] (Alpha10) Skullywags Pack

skullywag

Yeah sorry my threads are all messy at the moment. I really have NO time at the moment so i dumped it all in that other thread. I will tidy up when i find time. All my mods for A9 will soon not work I do not hang around on old alphas and do not keep old versions of mods lying about.

StephenV25

skullywag

If theres anything (bar the already released stuff and non lethals which ill upload tonight) that people want let me know.

Zahlea

Any chance this will be updated to Alpha 14? :)

skullywag

Zahlea

Thank you for replying so quickly although it's an old thread. Was looking for the Fire Extinguisher and did search your other post but failed to find it. Am I just crap at finding stuff or doesn't it exist?