[A9] Skullywags Weapons, Tools and Trinkets

Started by skullywag, September 08, 2014, 06:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Hmm it was 10 ill drop it to 7. Expect update tonight. Ill post when I do it. For now if you feel like it edit the weapons_melee.xml damage amount and see what works best for you.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

skullywag

Update time!

Added a fire extinguisher, not sure its gonna live here forever but its technically a weapon.

Will put out fires in large areas, good for larger buildings with the untouchable middle spot.

Also removed pest zapper as it shuldnt have been in here...yet. I think I can get it working now based on my learnings working on the PurpleIvy mod.

MaxtheINFINITE

Nice mod skully wag!
I have this more events mod which includes riots.
I saw 'stun gun' in this,so i checked it out!
B20A TD05-16g 276hp. Daily driven.

Igabod

Quote from: MaxtheINFINITE on November 17, 2014, 01:39:50 PM
Nice mod skully wag!
I have this more events mod which includes riots.
I saw 'stun gun' in this,so i checked it out!

I love the stun gun too. It's a bit OP if you equip all of your colonists with it plus put it on the weapons turrets from another mod that allow  you to mount any weapon. But it's just the right kind of OP if you just want to play a psychopathic organ farm colony. I'm going to have to check out the new release on my next actual game (one where I'm not testing out my current project).

skullywag

Which bits OP? the accuracy? should i lower it? The cooldown should make it a 1 maybe 2 shot per major firefight gun. Is this not the case? how are people using it? bacon?

Igabod

Quote from: skullywag on November 17, 2014, 04:04:41 PM
Which bits OP? the accuracy? should i lower it? The cooldown should make it a 1 maybe 2 shot per major firefight gun. Is this not the case? how are people using it? bacon?

It's not overly accurate when you use 1 or 2. But when you have 15 colonists all armed with it and 10 or so turrets with it, the enemies just fall down in a big pile at the entrance to the base and then another pile a short distance later and then a few lucky guys get almost all the way into the heart of my current base before they too fall prey to the stun guns. This isn't really an issue with the code as it is. Just an exercise in moderation.

Kulverstukass

F.extinguisher has a price of 999...999, no way to obtain it except of dev-mode. Easily self-fixable, but still.
Keep calm and become one with Russia, da?

skullywag

Lol i forgot i did that. Ill fix it tonight. I played a game after making it but it wasnt complete so i set it to that so it wouldnt show up.

skullywag

Igabod

I'm just curious as to the uses other people have found for the flare gun. I haven't figured out any use for it just yet, but that doesn't mean there isn't one that someone else has found.

The only thing I could think of to use it for is if there was a mod that added oil slicks which could be ignited when the enemies are on the squares and it sets everybody on fire. But I don't know of any mods which add such a thing. Might be a fun addition to this mod, it would be considered a weapon in my book.

Or maybe a mod with creatures that attack only in the dark and the flare guns are used to kill them. That would probably need to be a separate mod though.

Well Skullywag, if you ever run out of ideas for stuff to do maybe you'll find inspiration in those two that just popped into my head as I was writing the first part of this comment.

skullywag

If you are in darkness and the enemy is in light you get a bonus to shootimg they get a defecit. Exactly one of the reasons flares exist in real life.

Igabod

Quote from: skullywag on November 22, 2014, 08:09:45 AM
If you are in darkness and the enemy is in light you get a bonus to shootimg they get a defecit. Exactly one of the reasons flares exist in real life.

well in that case, I don't think the flares light up enough area for long enough time. Either that or the area they do light up isn't made very noticeable. Though I am still using the version previous to the current one, not sure if flares have been changed at all since then. I forgot to upgrade before I started my current colony, so I still haven't gotten to try out the fire extinguishers yet.

HBKRKO619

Hi :)
I think I found a bug.
When I start my game with the "edb prepare carefully" mod, I can't select the fire extinguisher as starting weapon. The problem is that when you first add the fire extinguisher in your mod, it was selectable but disapear at your first upadte after the add.

P.S. : I hope you understand me well, not english native speaker :(

skullywag

Ill look into it later today.

Igabod i havent looked into core but i imagine the bonus to be pretty small. It hasnt changed since i relewsed i dont think, i can widen the lit area if you feel its too small.