Mechatronics (Mod update) NEED MASTER MODDERS TO HELP

Started by Zeta Omega, September 08, 2014, 08:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zeta Omega

If you are readying this you are either curious or are willing to help me...
I WISH TO UPDATE THE MECHATRONICS MOD, in the post for it the mod owner gives their permission to dissect and use it anyway we wish...That's where you come in, Update and fix any bugs creating a new mechatronic thread, Think about it. Your own army of centipedes....

LordJulian

If you're thinking of making new mechs like walkers(in the example of mechwarrior) and balancing them in the game then perhaps I might be able to join in the fray.

I'm a texture artist, what can you do for this idea?

Zeta Omega

Quote from: LordJulian on September 09, 2014, 01:12:27 AM
If you're thinking of making new mechs like walkers(in the example of mechwarrior) and balancing them in the game then perhaps I might be able to join in the fray.

I'm a texture artist, what can you do for this idea?
I suppose if we could get a modder to update the mechatronics mod first we could then implement new mechanoids colonists could make, Through research of course...

Jaxxa

Zeta Omega

Quote from: jaxxa on September 10, 2014, 11:14:46 PM
Might be helpful to include a link to the Mechatronics mod.

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3957.0
I am very aware of this mod, This project is meant to bring it back to life. I don't want it to die in the archives, Do you wish to help jaxxa? I like your mods and I think you could help a quite a bit.

Zeta Omega

Here are the original info about them, Only one thing needs to be changed
•Much more durable than humans, but slower-moving
•Do not require food, rest or psychological maintenance
•Immune to fire
•Can be permanently drafted (you can use them like mobile turrets)
•Limited to combat, firefighting, hunting, hauling and cleaning jobs
•Slowly regenerate over time, and explode when killed (less violently than turrets)

We need to change regeneration to repair so they don't walk around with a million broken parts, I would still like them to regenerate health like colonists, but something else other then medicine, maybe a repair center? ((possible research Auto repair- adds automated repair structure)) Also to keep their mood at a constant full loyalty, That was a part if the mod as well

Zeta Omega

Its recently come to my attention that centipedes no longer regenerate therefore we could just use medicine on them or a new type of item which can only be used on friendly mechanoids to repair them