turrets

Started by arcanise, November 05, 2013, 01:00:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arcanise

ok so after playing numerous levels, I have found that the turrets just suck after raid 2, sometimes even raid 2 will wipe me out, and with the size of the turrets i feel they need to be either more accurate or have a longer range or both, a single raider with a M-24 can literally destroy every turret i have. maybe add research for accuracy and range and perhaps damage because right now the turrets are only good for stalling the raiders nothing more.

Grimreaper1704

Yep i have the same problem :( i can build much turrets but every get destroyed by raid 2 and the raiders are way to hard in Cassandra mode in the second wave in my last game they come with 5 peoples 2 with m-24 and 2 with molo and 1 got a pistol and it was day 8 and i have 4 peoples 3 died and the last one was a noble -.-

(I will not crying the game is cool and i love it but its really hard to learn it like Eve online :D )

But its a pre-alpha i think this are the sick of the version^^ i hope the best on real release :)

Pendryn

Build some walls that force the raiders closer. Should help.
Reticulating all the splines.

ticktockbent

Exactly. Don't put your turret in the open where they can be shot from a distance. Put a wall around the front or build them into rock hollows so they have to come within range to acquire target.

Semmy

all run over to this topic
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=416.0

turrets aint useless this guy made them awsome
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Grimreaper1704

Okey i have found out when i build a sand wall around the turrets the raiders come closer to it and get in range dont know why but without a sandwall they destroy it in outrange of the turrets

Veneke

I'm not a fan of the funnel strategies out there but I've found that if you set up blasting charges around where the raiders can open up on your turrets and replace them after every attack it can help deal with raiders using M-24s. Personally I'd still have 2-3 people with M-24s just in case, but a couple of blasting charges can really make a more normal defensive line work - even with the turrets outranged.

arcanise

tried the funnel and even tower defense like strats and none work the raiders just blow up my turrets every time, i had one map where by raid 3 i had 12, yes 12 turrets, there were 5 raiders, i lost.....explain that please and i was using the tunnel strategy and all my colonists had weapons and were also firing at the raiders

ShootyFace

I think turrets are a bit weak, myself, but perhaps something like a turret armor research line to make them tougher would be useful. Or self repairing, even. It would give players a bit more choice as to how they want their base defenses to operate.

Another idea would be actual bunkers. Make them a huge material sink, maybe, but make them a LOT tougher than sandbags or walls, and useable as cover for turrets as well as colonists.

Just some ideas. Great game already, and the balance doesn't seem TOO bad, but can't wait to see it develop, and to hopefully be a part of that development in some way.
"Oh boy, I can finally have my colonists paint the outer wall with Raider blood and hang a sign by the main door that says: "Looking for Donations"
I'm sure that'll make the Raiders feel welcome. :3" ~TheXIIILightning

Dragula

Quote from: arcanise on November 06, 2013, 11:42:43 AM
tried the funnel and even tower defense like strats and none work the raiders just blow up my turrets every time, i had one map where by raid 3 i had 12, yes 12 turrets, there were 5 raiders, i lost.....explain that please and i was using the tunnel strategy and all my colonists had weapons and were also firing at the raiders

There is a topic ment for showing of with bases, you could get some inspiration there? The defenses posted there are numerous. And most seem quite effective.