Prioritizing things and switching between colonists

Started by Wulzzy, September 09, 2014, 03:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wulzzy

I find it bothersome finding some loot in a far off place then going back to my base, selecting a colonist who doesn't seem to be doing anything important, then scrolling back to the item to prioritize hauling then having to repeat the process if there is more than one thing. I'd like to have it where an item/job can be prioritized without a colonist selected, so any colonist (with the proper job activated) who is ready for a new job will grab do it.

Also, it'd be cool to be able to easily switch between colonists on the health/character/gear/thoughts panels with left/right arrows.

Mystic

Quote from: Wulzzy on September 09, 2014, 03:08:09 PM
Also, it'd be cool to be able to easily switch between colonists on the health/character/gear/thoughts panels with left/right arrows.

Doesn't this happen already if you open the panel of interest and then cycle through colonists using the , (comma) and . (period) keys?

Xerberus86

Quote from: Wulzzy on September 09, 2014, 03:08:09 PM
I find it bothersome finding some loot in a far off place then going back to my base, selecting a colonist who doesn't seem to be doing anything important, then scrolling back to the item to prioritize hauling then having to repeat the process if there is more than one thing. I'd like to have it where an item/job can be prioritized without a colonist selected, so any colonist (with the proper job activated) who is ready for a new job will grab do it.

it seems you can do this with the < and > keys, i also highly recommend you the edb interface mod which adds some great UI elements to the game.