[MOD] (Alpha 7) TTM[animalHusbandry] v1.1a PASTURE HERE!! *fixes

Started by minami26, September 11, 2014, 02:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minami26

No. Because it makes animal populations uncontrollable and  when theres too many animals than what is only allowed for spawning by the storyteller the game acts weird like no raider attacks and events dont happen.

Visitor000

Quote from: minami26 on October 02, 2014, 10:35:12 AM
No. Because it makes animal populations uncontrollable and  when theres too many animals than what is only allowed for spawning by the storyteller the game acts weird like no raider attacks and events dont happen.
oh, okay.
I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

hagamablabla

Is there a way to let the animals wander around an area? All the animals I domesticated just stay in the squares directly next to the pasture sign. Also, do you have to manually tell your colonists to hunt them?

bigmap

@minami26

An Error occurred on Build Solar generator

Dromedary12064 threw exception while determining job: System.InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) object:__icall_wrapper_mono_object_castclass (object,intptr)

at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateCastIterator>c__Iterator0`1[TTManimalHusbandry.Building_PastureMarker].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateWhereIterator>c__Iterator1D`1[TTManimalHusbandry.Building_PastureMarker].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[TTManimalHusbandry.Building_PastureMarker].AddEnumerable (IEnumerable`1 enumerable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[TTManimalHusbandry.Building_PastureMarker]..ctor (IEnumerable`1 collection) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[Building_PastureMarker] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at TTManimalHusbandry.JobGiver_WanderPasture.GetWanderRoot (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.JobGiver_Wander.TryGiveTerminalJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker.TryFindAndStartJob () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0  curJob=null

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

minami26

hello guys im surprised no one has even bothered to report the insane research cost of the taming research, Truly sorry about that.

Here is an update to address 3 issues i have found from playing thoroughly with the mod.
Everybody who are playing with the mod please update immediately to remedy the errors. Thank you so much for playing with Animal Husbandry

heres what i fixed
Changelog:
v1.1a
Fixed Error on log.
Removed AnimalKid Leather spawn to fix 0 amount leather error when butchering animal kids.
corrected the research cost.

------------------------------
to anybody playing the mod: Do you think I should lower the Pregnancy and Growth time? Im thinking about reducing 1/4 of the time, or half. ill test it.

Montanio

Quote from: minami26 on October 07, 2014, 12:10:16 AM

hello guys im surprised no one has even bothered to report the insane research cost of the taming research, Truly sorry about that.

Here is an update to address 3 issues i have found from playing thoroughly with the mod.
Everybody who are playing with the mod please update immediately to remedy the errors. Thank you so much for playing with Animal Husbandry

heres what i fixed
Changelog:
v1.1a
Fixed Error on log.
Removed AnimalKid Leather spawn to fix 0 amount leather error when butchering animal kids.
corrected the research cost.

------------------------------
to anybody playing the mod: Do you think I should lower the Pregnancy and Growth time? Im thinking about reducing 1/4 of the time, or half. ill test it.

I thought it was a mod conflict (since I have around 8-10 others enabled). About the pregnancy/growth time, maybe not too much, because at this moment there aren't really any "predators" do your tamed animals. Effectively they are there infinitely, continuously breeding and so on. Until there is a stronger mechanic that may affect populations (like predators or that animals die of old age, but this could take a LONG time), the times should be fine since the population will effectively snowball as long as you don't kill them immediately. Once you get around say, 30+, the population is sustainable to eat.

Igabod

Just played my first game with this mod (at least the first one where I actually got to use the mod) and realized that the pasture signs aren't repairable. I also noticed that when the kid animals grow up into mature adults they are no longer domesticated so you have to send someone out there to convince them to join in with the rest of the family. I would think that an animal born in captivity to domesticated parents and raised in captivity by domesticated parents would also be domesticated.

Other than those things, I liked the mod immensely. Especially when the tortoises laid eggs and then 15 babies pop out and start wandering around. I actually had 3 broods hatch at once for one generation and then moved them to the pasture on the other side of the map. It was very funny watching that long line of more than 40 baby tortoises marching in line across the map. Definitely worth downloading.

doujinftw

Hmm wonder if you can make the tame creature to help the tamer each time he/she initiate combat that way you can let everyone become beast-master class and make the baby become domesticate when grow into adult also include a slaughterhouse so the you can bring the domesticate animal in for easy slice and dice cause i hate when hunter keep accidentally shoot the none target animal cause of their horrible aim.

Helbrecht

--sorry wrong thread--

millenium

issue i ran into with custom events and animal husbandry. some of my colonists were taming squirrels at the same time as the event that kills all animals happened. the squirrels multiplied into the hundreds and killed some of my colonists but the multiplied squirrels were all domesticated so now i have them shoved into a small room in my base.

NetBlaise

Do you need 1 or 2 animals to make babies in this mod?  If I go and tame one deer will it have babies on its own while tamed or do I need more then one deer?  Also can you put this animals in side of a building?  Another thing For the animals to have babies does a character need to be always near them doing Husbandry...

Visitor000

Could there be a possibility that fences could be added
(sorry if someone has asked)
I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

DracoGriffin

Current Mods (A-Z):
AnimuHair, EdBInterface, Extended Stoneworking, FastFloors, Immersive Pack, kilroy Turret Pack, Modular Tables, MoreHair, MoreHydroponics, PowerSwitch, RecipeNurse, skullywag Pack, SurgeryExtendedAndBionics, Synthmeat, T-Mod Pack

Thorin

Quote from: NetBlaise on October 24, 2014, 09:06:31 AM
Do you need 1 or 2 animals to make babies in this mod?  If I go and tame one deer will it have babies on its own while tamed or do I need more then one deer?  Also can you put this animals in side of a building?  Another thing For the animals to have babies does a character need to be always near them doing Husbandry...

You need at least 2 (1 male and 1 female) of the same animal. Preferably more females, if you catch my drift. The magic happens regardless if a colonist is close by or not.
Deers give birth to 1 offspring, that's why I have at least 5 females for my super stud. The boars, squirrels and tortoise have a lot of offspring. So 1 or 2 females for 1 male should be plenty. When the babies grow up, they are not domesticated.

Yes, you can put the marker inside a building, but what will they eat if there is no grass? When hunting in that room, the chance that your domesticated life stock gets killed is high. And doors do open for domesticated animals.

I tend to surround the marker with walls (my fence) with gaps in it (thinking about filling those gaps with sandbags to slow down their escape a bit).
When going on a hunt, I call the animals back. That what doesn't do this, gets marked.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Emma7441

Hi, I've run into a problem. I download the mod and put it into the Rimworld folder but when I start up Rimworld and add the mod all the menus are gone. I restart the game is it just stays on a black screen. I do use the Interface mod but I disabled it and it did the same thing. This is happening with the Main TTM Modpack too.

Please help.  :-[
Thank you