Haulage Priorties

Started by Danceresort, September 11, 2014, 11:33:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystic

Quote from: Cr0ss0vr on September 13, 2014, 01:31:44 AM
a hauling priority system like Settlers 4 could be awesome. http://puu.sh/bwPvy/013c847ace.png

I'd have to say that I personally don't care for the UI in the hauling priority system in that screenshot. It appears there would be way too much clicking involved in changing the priority of items and then changing it back later on. I like what Tynan has done with the existing Overview much better, and would prefer that haulage priority be handled in a similar manner if such a thing is implemented (and I do hope it will be).

Cr0ss0vr

it was supposed to be more of a show of "you can list the items, and perhaps drag (or change their number value) to designate the hauling priority" rather than a "Do it this way, no other way and it MUST be a click fest to try and get the last object to be the first"...

p.s: I just woke up, sorry if this seems rude, its not meant to be :D

Mystic

Quote from: Cr0ss0vr on September 15, 2014, 06:11:20 AM
it was supposed to be more of a show of "you can list the items, and perhaps drag (or change their number value) to designate the hauling priority" rather than a "Do it this way, no other way and it MUST be a click fest to try and get the last object to be the first"...

p.s: I just woke up, sorry if this seems rude, its not meant to be :D

No worries ... you weren't rude, and I was ill informed on Settlers 4. The screen shot didn't convey to me that items could be dragged around in the order shown with the mouse. That would certainly make that UI more tolerable (although markedly different from anything in Rimworld - in fact I can't think of anything in Rimworld's UI right now other than area selection that utilizes mouse drags).