Worst nightmare you've ever had?

Started by MrDecay, September 12, 2014, 09:02:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrDecay

I'm interested in hearing about peoples worst nightmares as I just (literally 7 minutes ago) experienced one myself, I woke up crying. Here it is: The dream was long as far as I could tell so I'll skip around until the scary part.

Sometime during the prologue of the dream I met an african-american man, I didn't know his name but I did recognize his face (probably from a movie). We didn't do much just talked.

Fast forward a ways and we find our selves walking down the street of a neighbor hood I once lived in, it was fairly abandoned besides a few people. As we walked down the road my friend kept saying how he needs gas for his car (?), I just stayed silent. We turned and entered a fenced in area where there was a trailer and a van, my mom's van. My friend said "I'm going to siphon gas out of your car" to which I replied with "No, your not."

At that moment a man can be heard down the road SCREAMING "No, not this time!". We turn and a man is fighting a massive dog, howls sound out in all different directions, women and kids are screaming. We run into the trailer and just before we enter I turn around to see what can only be described as the apocalypse. There are huge dogs everywhere, they all have blacked out eyes and still tails and they are can be seen ripping children apart along with other people and a regular dog.

My friend is panicking, I yell "Barricade the door and windows!" while I rush to the oven and put several pots of water on high (for defense?) and at that moment these animals surround the house, there's barking everywhere, I woke up.

I guess its worth mentioning that I have an extreme fear of dogs, always have. Anyways I'm anxious to hear what your worst nightmare was like?
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
-Thomas Edison

vagineer1

The worst one I can remember is that I was in a schools gym hall (I think an American school) when a hoard of zombies broke through the doors. I remember falling over a lot and then going into a field before being surrounded by them. Then I woke up in the middle of the night, sweat pouring down my body. I then got up, grabbed a cigarette and just sat down whilst I had a smoke.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Merry76

Being tied to the ground and slowly cut up from the hip upwards... doesnt sound too bad, right? Problem is, I kind of dreamt I felt it too (which should be impossible). Maybe I dreamt that I had a dream where I was cut up, and the imagination that I felt it was part of the first dream? Or maybe I am a freak and can dream pain. I dont dream much though, so I cant really tell.

Justin C

I don't have nightmares. I don't remember actually being scared in a dream since I was like 8, and these days when something that might be scary happens I'm still not scared, and then I usually figure out that I'm dreaming anyway.

Celthric Aysen

I once dream't about the movie called "The Grudge", Its a horror movie, go Google for it :)
all i remember from that dream is that "she" was chasing me from the ceiling and i was just running in a very dark hallway.
and then i waked up in a rush all sweaty, and i bumped my head on the bed on top of me[bunk beds], helping me sleep again -_-
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

BetaSpectre

Death, Dying, Loss, Change, Barbie Dolls.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

keylocke

Quote from: MrDecay on September 12, 2014, 09:02:28 AM
Sometime during the prologue of the dream I met an african-american man, I didn't know his name but I did recognize his face (probably from a movie). We didn't do much just talked.

is it morgan freeman? if it's not, can i pretend that it's morgan freeman?  ;D

-----------------------

anyways, in my nightmares it's always post-apocalypse and i'm always like a predator or something. preying on the weak. i often give them a choice to stay neutral, but they always find ways to betray me, so i'm forced to "end" them.

rather than having a "scared-to-death" nightmare, i often have this survivor-guilt feeling of paranoia.
if i stick to people that are stronger than me, i get abused, so i kill them before they hurt me. but if i stick to people that are weaker than me, i end up killing them before they try to betray me.

i just want people to "chill" with, who have zero hidden agendas.. it's fun when i find totally random-minded people. we hang out for a while and then separate before we get on each other's nerves.. promising to meet again someday..

eventually i find their corpse somewhere, killed by whatever random circumstance.
it's annoying.. -_-

MrDecay

Quote from: keylocke on September 14, 2014, 08:45:40 PM
Quote from: MrDecay on September 12, 2014, 09:02:28 AM

is it morgan freeman? if it's not, can i pretend that it's morgan freeman?  ;D

-----------------------

anyways, in my nightmares it's always post-apocalypse and i'm always like a predator or something. preying on the weak. i often give them a choice to stay neutral, but they always find ways to betray me, so i'm forced to "end" them.

rather than having a "scared-to-death" nightmare, i often have this survivor-guilt feeling of paranoia.
if i stick to people that are stronger than me, i get abused, so i kill them before they hurt me. but if i stick to people that are weaker than me, i end up killing them before they try to betray me.

i just want people to "chill" with, who have zero hidden agendas.. it's fun when i find totally random-minded people. we hang out for a while and then separate before we get on each other's nerves.. promising to meet again someday..

eventually i find their corpse somewhere, killed by whatever random circumstance.
it's annoying.. -_-

Lol, I don't think it was Morgan Freeman more like Chris Rock
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
-Thomas Edison

BassMonroe

Believe it or not i actually had a dream alpha 7 came out last night (been spending too much time browsing the forums) but to have a dream like this and wake up to check the dev progress and still see its alpha 6 - it killed me Haha :-)

C. Fenderson

I'm not sure if this is a "nightmare", but it's stuck with me since I was eight.
I rolled out of my bed and fell on the floor and turned into a baby with a little tuft of hair on my head.  I started crawling into my kitchen to go to the living room, but the light that was always in the wall socket in the kitchen jumped out and formed a robot that was kind of like a stick figure.  It was shaped a lot like a human (except thinner, obviously), and had a normal hand for its left hand, and a pair of shears for the other.  It jumped at me, grabbed me by the tuft of hair, and then threatened to cut my hair.  I started crying, it started laughing, and then it cut off my hair.  I woke up when I hit the floor afterwards.
I still have yet figured out what the hell any of this meant.  I've always had a bit of a fear of haircuts, though.  Still don't like them.
Maybe I've forgotten the part of the dream where I hit some acid?  I don't know.

keylocke

Quote from: C. Fenderson on September 25, 2014, 07:07:18 PM
Maybe I've forgotten the part of the dream where I hit some acid?  I don't know.

were you crawling on the floor or crawling on the ceiling?
(trainspotting reference.. lol)

Rainbowlicious

Any dream with wasps. And cazadores. Buck cazadores. Cazadore = death. Wasps are filled with hatred. Bees are good, oddly.

C. Fenderson

Quote from: Rainbowlicious on September 27, 2014, 03:05:57 AM
Any dream with wasps. And cazadores. Buck cazadores. Cazadore = death. Wasps are filled with hatred. Bees are good, oddly.
Oddly enough, I had a dream that was full of insects not long ago.  Giant grass spider that looked like it had mechanical legs (looked like they were attached with rods rather than actually inside of the body), with a black widow's backside was being attacked by wasps/bees (can't remember).  I was in my childhood home, and just standing there staring at it.  It wasn't scary, oddly enough.  It was almost calming. 
Having said that, I'm not terribly fond of spiders in real life and HOLY (hours of expletives in all caps) I would've hightailed it out of there had that actually happened.  When i say giant it was at least a foot wide without the legs.  Dream ended when a wasp/bee flew inside my pants and tried to sting me.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: C. Fenderson on September 27, 2014, 03:12:44 AM
Quote from: Rainbowlicious on September 27, 2014, 03:05:57 AM
Oddly enough, I had a dream that was full of insects not long ago.  Giant grass spider that looked like it had mechanical legs (looked like they were attached with rods rather than actually inside of the body), with a black widow's backside was being attacked by wasps/bees (can't remember).  I was in my childhood home, and just standing there staring at it.  It wasn't scary, oddly enough.  It was almost calming. 
Having said that, I'm not terribly fond of spiders in real life and HOLY (hours of expletives in all caps) I would've hightailed it out of there had that actually happened.  When i say giant it was at least a foot wide without the legs.  Dream ended when a wasp/bee flew inside my pants and tried to sting me.

A dream of NOPE with a NOPE/NOPE hybrid flying around dropping NOPE that explodes into a million NOPE all over the NOPE-covered floor and walls.

One word: NOPE
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Shinzy

Quote from: C. Fenderson on September 27, 2014, 03:12:44 AMDream ended when a wasp/bee flew inside my pants and tried to sting me.

This has to be my favourite sentence I've read in the longest while =D
I'm actually red now! (but that's because of my bad blood circulation, not because I'm chuckling to death, obviously)