comms station not working

Started by mcchaders, September 12, 2014, 10:40:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcchaders

I select a colonist then right click the comms but it wont let me do anything on it

skullywag

Does it have power?

Make sure you dont have the colonist drafted.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Neurotoxin

Like skullywag said and I believe you need to have a trade beacon to have anything show up as well.

Mystic

Quote from: Neurotoxin on September 15, 2014, 01:37:07 PM
Like skullywag said and I believe you need to have a trade beacon to have anything show up as well.

I actually thought the same thing when I saw this thread, but I decided to test it by destroying the trade beacon in one of my colonies to see what the comms console would be able to do without it.  I could still access the console and at least see all of the various groups I could contact without the beacon, which I gather is further than the OP had gotten, so I'm thinking that is most likely not his issue.

Neurotoxin

Quote from: Mystic on September 15, 2014, 02:45:09 PM
Quote from: Neurotoxin on September 15, 2014, 01:37:07 PM

I actually thought the same thing when I saw this thread, but I decided to test it by destroying the trade beacon in one of my colonies to see what the comms console would be able to do without it.  I could still access the console and at least see all of the various groups I could contact without the beacon, which I gather is further than the OP had gotten, so I'm thinking that is most likely not his issue.

Ah ok, wasn't sure on that thus the "I believe". Thanks for the science.