Requested amount buying for non-trading ThingDef

Started by skullywag, September 13, 2014, 09:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Ive done some reading and this generally means that Tynan hasnt got around to making this thing sellable in traders yet, however:

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4661.msg45049#msg45049

he states here that weapons are tradeable, but im getting this message with custom guns, is it possible yet to sell custom weapons via trader?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

Anyone have an example mod with guns being traded or is this just not possible?

Dr. Z

You have to add a line to every new weapon you make to make it tradeable, something like <tradeable>true</tradeable>.
Check the vanilla weapons to check how it's spelled correctly.
Prasie the Squirrel!

skullywag

Quote from: Dr. Z on September 16, 2014, 11:36:11 AM
You have to add a line to every new weapon you make to make it tradeable, something like <tradeable>true</tradeable>.
Check the vanilla weapons to check how it's spelled correctly.

If you mean:

<tradersCarry>True</tradersCarry>
<basePrice>150</basePrice>

they do have this. Weapons will show up in vanilla combat traders and work ok, but error as above with my own trader def.

Dr. Z

So if I understand right the weapons ARE tradeable, but only your new traders are the problem. I guess you wanted to make a trader which carrys only your new weapons and you've added them like resources. But weapons aren't traded like other resources but compared in the line <tradesWeapons>True</tradesWeapons> and I know of no way to decide which weapons he will have.

If that's NOT your problem you could post your trader code so I can maybe help you.
Prasie the Squirrel!

skullywag

Aha you may have hit the nail on the head with that first point. I think that's my issue. So for now its best to just add weapons set then to traderscarry true and they show up on raiders and combat traders occasionally...not an issue. Thanks for the pointer. :)

Dr. Z

Prasie the Squirrel!