[MOD] (Alpha 6) [LINUX ONLY] AgriBusinessV2: Dye and Fabrics!

Started by C. Fenderson, September 14, 2014, 12:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C. Fenderson

Is your garden looking somewhat pathetic?  Don't worry, it isn't your fault.  You only have two hydroponic plants to grow, after all.  Would you like a few more that actually do something besides look pretty?  I mean, in real life most plants can be used for some hobby or another.  This mod may help you out if that sounds like you.  Welcome to AgriBusiness, where we focus first and foremost on the farm life.  Having added in five additional hydroponic plants, with many more to come, you'll be sure to find something you enjoy.
Here we have an example of some fine chefs preparing Lavish meals with tofu.  No more are you tethered to hunting for your meat fix!  We have discovered how to replicate meat flavor, and are giving you this technology free of charge.
(More screenshots to come.  I seem to have lost a good chunk of them to the mysterious hand of not saving properly.)
I hope you do enjoy our discoveries.

Changelog:
Added:
Items: Knit Fabric, Ball of Yarn, Raw Cotton, Yellow Dye, Black Dye, Onion, Blackberry
Plants: Cotton Plant, Blackberry Plant, Onion Plant
Workspaces: Yarnworking Station, Dye Station
Furniture: Arch Carpet
Floors: Soil
Removed Functionality:
Workspaces: Grinder, Presser (Replaced by cook stove)
Removed:
None

Older changelog available in the about folder.

EDIT: I swear I can't do anything right the first time.  Got the changelog in both files wrong, don't worry about it too much.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

konst

Thank You! I needed that! Less meat and something to keep my colony busy.

When it comes to making carpets from cotton, I think(?) it is in the SuperiorCrafting mod. However, it would be nice to have it sepretly too. But maybe it is somehere already?
Mu! Mu! Muuuu!

C. Fenderson

Quote from: konst on September 14, 2014, 01:20:13 PM

When it comes to making carpets from cotton, I think(?) it is in the SuperiorCrafting mod. However, it would be nice to have it sepretly too. But maybe it is somehere already?
I knew I wasn't the only one! :D
I'm not sure, and I don't think I'll wake up dead if I add it to mine if it is.  I'll be adding other stuff to do with it, anyway, like a penguin decoration.  Happier colonists is always better, I'd say.
The only problem I could see with adding it is for people running this and SuperiorCrafting at the same time.  Having five different green carpets would get old pretty quick.  Might cause conflicts, though, depending on what the tags of the carpets in there are.  Oh well, I'll find a way to work around it.

Reaper

Quote from: konst on September 14, 2014, 01:20:13 PM

it is one of T's mods

Buccee

Thank you for this mod. =) i try it out in my next colony!

C. Fenderson

I've been messing around with this for a while, and having two crafting stations for one thing is a pain in the ass.  I could set the priorities better, but I'd rather give you guys the ability to do that, so the Grinder and Presser are getting removed and being combined into one station instead.  The textures for the grinder and presser will be removed in v2, and the code for them will be gone in v3.  When you download the new version of the mod, make sure to deconstruct them and make the new station.  I'll set it up so that the new station will cost the deconstruct cost of the other 2 stations, so you won't have to worry about losing anything.  They will be completely removed in v3, though.
I've also realized how lazy I was with this.  The new soy station (whatever I decide to call it) will have a different recipe entirely in v3.  It'll be a bit more related to what I imagine is going on inside those machines.  V1 was a weekend project, after all.  Wanted to see if I could do it, and I can, so I'll be working on getting better from here on.
Let's hope that better translates into learning pixel art, as well...
Quote from: Buccee on September 14, 2014, 04:32:51 PM
Thank you for this mod. =) i try it out in my next colony!
Good to hear!  Hope you enjoy it :D

konst

When it comes to textures, I heard there is a user named Clayton who apparently can do art for modders for free. You can contact him here:
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=12300
I got this info from Timber in this thread: http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=6039.msg58722#msg58722

Mu! Mu! Muuuu!

Matthiasagreen

If I am not mistaken, Okra is a plant, not a soy byproduct....
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

C. Fenderson

Quote from: Matthiasagreen on September 15, 2014, 11:10:51 AM
If I am not mistaken, Okra is a plant, not a soy byproduct....
Guess I didn't read my sources right.  After digging around for a while, it's spelled Okara.  Looks like that's another thing to be changed!  Thanks for pointing that out :D  Thought it just shared a name or something, since okra was a pretty common thing for me growing up.

Matthiasagreen

Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

klad123

I'm sorry for point out a few problems. I played this mod on Rimworld.
I found some problem. it may be conflict between another mod or coding problem.
First, Colonist didn't eat Find meal made by Tofu. They take eating action but almost eat Find meal, it take back to save area. Then roof this act.
Second, soy beans -> okra & okra->Tofu work 1 by 1 it is inefficient process. 
Third, Tofu image didn't load on Rimworld.

I'm sorry for just point out some mistakes. I repect your endeavor and I hope this mod much better in time.
Have a good day~

C. Fenderson

Quote from: klad123 on September 16, 2014, 05:26:00 AM
I'm sorry for point out a few problems. I played this mod on Rimworld.
I found some problem. it may be conflict between another mod or coding problem.
First, Colonist didn't eat Find meal made by Tofu. They take eating action but almost eat Find meal, it take back to save area. Then roof this act.
Second, soy beans -> okra & okra->Tofu work 1 by 1 it is inefficient process. 
Third, Tofu image didn't load on Rimworld.

I'm sorry for just point out some mistakes. I repect your endeavor and I hope this mod much better in time.
Have a good day~
Don't be sorry to point out problems.  If I didn't want criticism, I wouldn't have made this public :D
I might need to add a work file or something.  I ran into a similar problem before I added one for the new workspaces.  I'll look into it and (hopefully) fix it.
Third, I might add another recipe to turn more than 1 at a time into tofu.  That's if I can get the previous one working, though.
Anyone know a mod that adds food like this in?  I might be able to find some hints there.

C. Fenderson

So, as it turns out, colonists aren't too fond of eating things that have an ingredient that isn't food.  There goes my plan of making wood into bread, I guess.  Oh well, I guess beaver colonies will have to wait for another mod.  I'll fix a few more things and post up v1p1 in a couple of minutes/hours.  Keep a look out!  I also fixed the texture problem, I think.
EDIT:
Just uploaded it.  Have fun with this, you guys!  I'll get to work on the recipes a little later, when my eyes aren't falling out from staring at code for 2 hours today :D

Landerote

Hi,

I was checking your mod, and when my colonists use the grinder they got nothing! they just work there with the soy beans but get nothing in return. Another thing, the grinder has not the possibility of produce till x quantity, nor continuously.

kind regards!

C. Fenderson

Quote from: Landerote on September 16, 2014, 11:15:44 PM
Hi,

I was checking your mod, and when my colonists use the grinder they got nothing! they just work there with the soy beans but get nothing in return. Another thing, the grinder has not the possibility of produce till x quantity, nor continuously.

kind regards!
It seems to work fine in both of the workstations you can grind/press in.
It appears that it does, since that's what I was using.
I can't seem to recreate this bug, so I kind of can't fix it.  I'll be removing the functionality of the Grinder/Presser in v2, so it should be fine after that.

I'm almost done with v2, speaking of which.  I just have a couple more plant defs to add in and it'll be rockin'!  Time for me to get ready for school, though, so I'll see you guys in a few hours.