Previous topic - Next topic

Coenmcj

Quote from: Fruit loops on October 01, 2014, 04:42:48 PM
Next big thing:

Minecraft live
20$ a month for online
15$ for lan

I can see the future

After the initial hype has died down, I look back at this and think that it would do exactly what Microsoft doesn't want, invite pirates... Since I've already payed for the game, I would probably pirate to avoid such sillyness (DRM and unwanted fees? No thanks.) and I imagine that others would too, ontop of those that already do it.

Quote from: null on October 11, 2014, 10:03:50 PM
Quote from: Thunder1 on October 11, 2014, 07:41:11 PM
Freelancer's game designer, Chris Roberts, went on to found his own company and is developing Star Citizen independent of any publisher or investor.
Yeah, I know that project. Currently I'm more interested in Limit Theory though. But enough off-topic.

Yes please, on both accounts.
I'm looking at both of those plus "No man's sky"
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

DBDragoner

I'm not too terrible excited about Microsoft buying minecraft. I've been playing almost daily for four solid years. I don't really see them making DLC content for it though. They'd get a lot more money back by hosting stable servers. Also think of the merchandise. They had lots of connections and the staff behind them to make lots of deals. Official minecraft shirts, toys, and even cake kits. Think of how much money they'd simply make off of that without changing the game that much. Heck even Halloween costumes. Go trick-or-treating as a creeper. All they would have to do is keep the game stable and make nice updates.

To be fair Mojang wasn't doing a very good job updating the game. What they did in one year, a modder could do in a month. Lately they seemed to mostly just borrow popular things from mods. Personally I hated how they would update the game with a feature then never return to truly finish or flesh it out. I ended up playing a heavy modded game about two years ago and never looked back.

However, if Microsoft does start jacking with minecraft too much, I plan to stay with the last stable version with the game and play with mods.

Jstank

only 5.99 for a stack of 20 diamonds....
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

- Bernard of Clairvaux