(Build 0.0.250) Unlimited solar flare?

Started by Produno, November 05, 2013, 03:06:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Produno

How long has people had a solar flare last for? im sure mines done over 3 cycles now. Is this a bug or not? All my colonists are going crazy because ive had no electric for so long. This means my turrets dont work, i have no food (only raw) and i have no lights.

Also while this is going on my solar panels show they are working but my batteries dont fill up.

Im down to my last two colonists, neither of them are wardens, all my other died in their beds because i had no wardens, i cant arrest any passers by because i have no wardens and i cant hire anyone else because i have no electric to use my comms link...

DeltaV

Solar flares are only supposed to last a day, so yeah, that's weird. Are you sure you don't just have a power cable destroyed somewhere?
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Semmy

Quote from: Produno on November 05, 2013, 03:06:50 PM
How long has people had a solar flare last for? im sure mines done over 3 cycles now. Is this a bug or not? All my colonists are going crazy because ive had no electric for so long. This means my turrets dont work, i have no food (only raw) and i have no lights.

Make sure you didnt turn your power off
Make sure your power lines are working.

If thats so please post a savegame so we can check it out.

moved to bugs
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

DeltaV

Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Produno

No its a different issue Delta. Ill upload a savegame for someone to check.

Infact, where are my savegames?

Semmy

%user\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld

Is what i would guess out of my head
Make sure you got hidden files/directories turned on in folder options
Edmund Burke

Produno

Semmy

What i notice in the logwindows is that you have multiple flares/eclipses after each other.

Maybe enystrom can confirm this
Edmund Burke

Produno

Yeah ive had alot of eclipses, but it is definitely not that being the problem. As for the solar flares i dont remember seeing any more pop up since the original.

Semmy

Quote from: Produno on November 05, 2013, 03:51:35 PM
Yeah ive had alot of eclipses, but it is definitely not that being the problem. As for the solar flares i dont remember seeing any more pop up since the original.

We got 2 people working on your savegame now (-;
Edmund Burke

Produno

Heheh ok, go easy on the remaining two survivors. They are a little 'fragile' :D.

Oh and check the door placed near the batteries :).

Semmy

Do not worry i got a dev command and my goons dont die d-;
Edmund Burke

Produno

I have noticed the connected rate of the equipment is full when my solar panels are working yet i still have no equipment working. i can only guess the solar flare has not been disengaged properly or an eclipse has interfered with it working correctly.

Anyways ill leave you guys to solve the issue and ill start a new game :).

enystrom8734

This most likely looks to be an issue with a negative power net. I have no idea what causes it. Had a similar issue with someone else on IRC. Currently you are not in a solar flare event with those two saves. So I hooked up a geo thermal gnerator which should have worked, but it didnt. Then I noticed the negative power stored. One of your batteries (the second one closet to the solar panels) has a negative storage of -12.2 Wd

FlySpray report: http://ludeon.com/bugs/index.php?do=details&task_id=133

Thank you again for your bug report.
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

Produno

Yeah i noticed that too. That particular battery did explode and get damaged. I guess that could have caused the issue and could be somewhere to start looking. Though i cant remember if it exploded before or after the solar storm.

It taken damage due to being outside, hence the reason i tried putting a wall around it to see if a roof would be built.