[MOD] (Alpha 9) More Deco/ WaterBoarding - build on mud

Started by skullywag, September 16, 2014, 06:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skullywag

Another of my small tweaky kind of mods.

This adds 3 lights, a ceiling light which is basically the standing lamp with an almost transparent texture to simulate it being in the ceiling. (something about floor lamps erks me). I do need to remove the linking wire but its not an issue for now.

A wall light, simple little half dome (rotatable) lights slightly less than a normal lamp but uses less power as well.

And a (for now) OP Outdoor Path Lamp which illuminates only to 5 but can not be placed under roofs and requires no power and works in eclipses, ill be changing this eventually to have its own battery and solar gen which will keep it running for most of the night and will obviously not work all through an eclipse, and it uses a lovely shade of blue/purple.

Also added grass to growable plots so you can have nice lawns now.

Made thick roofs not thick so they can be removed now. 
Made a "ThermiteBomb", this allows you to make 9 cells roof thin (or sky if they already thin) at a cos of 50 metal for the bomb, just plant it where you want a thin roof and detonate. (thanks to Rikiki for the nudge on this one)

Made walls link to rocks like in pre A7. - fixed in Alpha 8

Also added a simple fence, uses logs, joins together like sandbags, no gate yet, but ill add one eventually.

Added the ability to plant berry bushes, little OP but not hard to just plant a field of potatoes and get the same amount of food. - removed, too cheaty.

Also for those that want the thermite bomb on its own: - split out, ill add a link here once ive updated it.

Thermite bomb is now "shapedCharge" in my weapons and trinkets thread.

Download MoreDeco

Also adding a way to build over mud and stuff (not water just yet im working on it).

Download WaterBoarding

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

KKobayashi

Don't care much for the ceiling lamp, although I believe someone else loves it.
I, however, love the path lamps!! Esp. the idea of them having their own solar/battery.
Magnificent!!

Killaim

Visitor000

I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

skullywag

Yep its updated on my github. (Skullywag) feel free to grab it. I'm gonna be adding my mods to a single thread as its hard for me to update em all spread out. it'll be done today at some point. Ill post a link here when its done.

Visitor000

I am a creator of Worlds. I give birth to children of varying backgrounds. I manipulate and torture at a will, causing pain and suffering to all those around me. But am also merciful in some cases, bringing joy and prosperity when I see fit.

I am an Author.

skullywag

Just for ease:

https://github.com/Skullywag/Rimworld-Mods

just click download zip and grab the required mod out of there.

thrakkemarn

Really like the look. Question though: Do the ceiling lamps count as a walkable space or do they still count as taking up a space of the floor?

skullywag

exactly the same as the floor lamp, they are passable (can be walked through) but still take up a building slot. Nothing can be done about that without a change to how buildings worked in the core game.

Hand

The floor lights don't seem to be working for me, I can place them and everything but they just dont light up at night.

skullywag

Quote from: Hand on October 06, 2014, 12:24:34 PM
The floor lights don't seem to be working for me, I can place them and everything but they just dont light up at night.

Path light yeah? little square one?

Hand

Quote from: skullywag on October 06, 2014, 03:05:26 PM
Quote from: Hand on October 06, 2014, 12:24:34 PM

Path light yeah? little square one?

Yeah the little square one, is it not implemented yet or something?

skullywag

It should work fine, let me retest it.

ahh wait, make sure youre grabbing from my github not the download link (thats for A6)

ive removed the A6 version.

AHare

I can't get the path light to work either. Still listed as dark directly beside it at all times. Also has a really tall shadow which is weird but whatever.

skullywag

Ive renamed the mod and added some decorative stuff as this is where i dump my beautification tweaks.

Ive added grass to growable plots so you can have nice lawns now.

Also made thick roofs nonthick so they can be removed.