[MOD] (Alpha 9) More Deco/ WaterBoarding - build on mud

Started by skullywag, September 16, 2014, 06:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shinzy

Quote from: skullywag on October 15, 2014, 07:19:46 AM
Ive renamed the mod and added some decorative stuff as this is where i dump my beautification tweaks.
I like your naming of things MoreTM =P
Could make a drinking game out of it ;D

skullywag

its just im that unoriginal...hmm i added more weapons...yep thatll do for a name. :p
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

skullywag

Clibanarius

Ohhhh, HELL YES! That's something I've wanted SO badly! You rule so hard, skully!

Mr.Cumberlander1

I love that you have got rock attaching to walls again its been driving me nuts in alpha 7, I like the new items you have added but I would like it if there was a separate link for a mod that only edited the rock attaching to wall thing thanks.

skullywag

You want the code? its easy to do....mods/core/thingdefs copy the buildings_structure file into another folder in the mods folder, now in this new file, delete all bar the "building base" at the top and the "wall" def, now change:

<linkFlags>
<li>Wall</li>
</linkFlags>

to:

<linkFlags>
<li>Wall</li>
<li>Rock</li>
</linkFlags>

In the wall def, turn on your mod done. :)

Killaim

do the roof tweak now allow mortars to hit inside mountains ?

skullywag

yes that would get around the "isRoofThick" check so mortars will hit inside mountains, im actually working on an item that will remove thickroofs and not be a catch all as I have done here. So this will change shortly.

Clibanarius

skullywag

Made a "ThermiteBomb", this allows you to make 1 cells roof thin at a cost of 50 metal for the bomb, just plant it where you want a thin roof and detonate. (thanks to Rikiki for the nudge on this one). I may ad a larger one eventually but this is useable for now.

Coenmcj

QuoteMade a "ThermiteBomb", this allows you to make 1 cells roof thin at a cos of 50 metal for the bomb, just plant it where you want a thin roof and detonate. (thanks to Rikiki for the nudge on this one)
You may need to revive all the dwarves Dirty cave dwellers Fortress builders of the forum, they just died of shock, Proper Trench warfare style mortar emplacements deep in the mountain? yes please.
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Clibanarius

The word Thermite itself has a ton of context with it. Enough that I barely see the word and go into Jesse Ventura voice advertising how this is how they brought down The Towers-- SUPERTHERMITE PAINT and all that.

Killaim

can you not make the thermite bomb affect a bigger radius its rather bothersome AND expensive to clear even a small annoying rock roof

skullywag

Everythings temporary at the moment. Got some IRL stuff to do but I will get to this.

skullywag

Added a simple fence, joins together like sandbags and walls...was a test for me to learn how to do the joinable textures, came out ok..ill add a gate later on.