Visitors Mechanic - Entertainment

Started by Tamorr, September 17, 2014, 12:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Masters

Like all the above  ;D

Also, reading this, made me think that a click + drag feature to re-arrange/manage resources would be really cool. So you suddenly have some visitors but your storage is empty in the reception area? Draw a box in a couple of meals in your storage and drag them to the reception storage, release button. Voilá, the food is marked for hauling with some sort of priority and moments later you have your little bed&breakfast running.

Hell, it would be awesome for the whole colony and you wouldn't need the current sub-par priority system we have.

JimmyAgnt007

maybe include some other things for visitors like, harvesting wild berries or hunting game for a bit.  they come in, grab some stuff, and move on.  since some visitors just pass through the area rather than hang out at your colony.

Johnny Masters

Anything off your home area should be fair game, you wouldn't need visitor zone for that

JimmyAgnt007

there would be overlap between home and visitor, your colonists would still need to maintain the visitor area, clean it, repair things, put out fires.  or if we dont have a visitor area, then just let us make doors lock for visitors only so colonists can still go through (and dont let them sneak in when a colonist uses it)

keylocke

Quote from: Anarak on September 18, 2014, 11:48:54 AM
Anything off your home area should be fair game, you wouldn't need visitor zone for that

as explained a few posts ago, some visitors tend to get in the way of your defenses by hanging out in "kill zones".

being able to assign a "visitor zone" would help prevent accidental friendly fire. it should also prevent them from eating food that aren't inside their zone, so your own colonists don't end competing for their own food.

Johnny Masters

If you read carefully you'll know I support visitor zones, i was referring to visitors foraging ability and not being pigeonholed to a specific zone, which could cause a lot of A.I. pathfinding and behavior issues.

The visitor zone would serve as "baiting" but not negating certain actions. 

Since my killboxes are made of concrete, sandbags and corpses i don't see how they would be a better alternative than a comfy visitor zone.

But sure, there will be those times where they are right in the middle of the fire, what we might be looking at is the "forbidden zone" suggestion.