Mortar Hoppers

Started by keylocke, September 17, 2014, 12:23:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

Quote from: jaxxa on September 22, 2014, 02:41:34 AM
It won't change them out of the box. But it should only need some changes to the xml def. You may also have to add a power requirement even if it is only 1 watt, because that is the system it usses to sit it down. If you know a bit about modding you should be able to set it up with the instructions on the page. Of not let me know and I can help, or just make the mod.

thanks, i'll check it out later. (i'm currently looking into gameplay vids of this game someone recommended in the off-topic sub called.. "starsector". it looks so awesome..   :o )

anyways, which xml defs should i be looking at (asides from Buildings_Security) ?

edit : i checked it out, trying to compare a normal mortar turret to one of your turret artillery cannons : (sorry not much experience making mods on rimworld other than very basic stuff)

questions galore :

* verb? how does this work? (not familiar with this, is there a tutorial/ruleset for making custom verbs?)
* also there's ThingDef Name, and ThingDef ParentName for both the gun and the bullet. how does this work? why the need to separate?
* your turret comps are different from the default mortar comps (does this control self-destruct explosions?)
* e-type changed to equipment (normal mortars don't seem to have this tag)
* label,equipmentType,isGun, weaponTags tags? (mortars doesn't seem to have it, what does these do?)
* alwaysHaulable (is this the tag that allows hoppers attached to this to accept hauled items?)
* tickerType or cooldownTicks (does this control the reload/downtime?) or wait.. is it the warmupTicks and the cooldownTicks that control reload?
* what's the difference between combatTargetBuilding, from targetParams like canTargetPawns,canTargetBuildings?
* hasStandardCommand true? (do mortars need this tag?)
* the forcedMissRadius tag is attached to the mortar rather than the bullet? so does this mean i need different mortars to get different accuracy, instead of just switching to more accurate ammo types?
* also, i can't seem to find which tag requires the electricity part..

i'm still pretty much confused.. lol

Jaxxa

Might be better to continue this conversation in the mod thread:
http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5183.0

I will have a look Tonight / Tomorrow and try to answer your questions.

And yes starsector looks awesome. Also Have a look at The Last Federation, I just posted about it in that thread.