[MOD REQUEST] Craftable AI Persona Core

Started by kentauros87, September 18, 2014, 06:22:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kentauros87

So, I was wondering... Ever tought about this? It would be very useful with enhanced MAIs and for the standard spaceship.

Haplo

Contemplated, yes.
But I discarded it, as it would be too OP and would also take the novelity out of the event.
And you would only build MAI, but wouldn't build any Mai at all. :)

kentauros87

All true. But it would be nice to try  :) for the OP problem,  maybe the crafting resources could be something like 1000 uranium, 5000 silver or so

Haplo

Then you maybe have another problem, as I am unsure, if normal bills accept resources of this high count.
Normally you try to make a bill only as large as how much available place is on the table to get stacks of 75 on it.
And the workgiver might stuck the colonist in a workloop where he tryes to fulfill the bill and starves to death.
Ok, this is all speculation right now, as I never tried this kind of number with the normal bills..
But still.. No, at least I wouldn't integrate it. If someone else will though... :)

kentauros87

If it's true, things  would be complicated  :o Another solution could be a "building" that drops the ai core when constructed, not crafting it in a workbench..?

Haplo

There are a few ways to handle the problem. Most need some dll programming, but if you do that, then you have nearly every possible way open. Look at my Nano Printer. It would be perfectly capable of handling that. I think, if you want to add it to the allowed stuff, you just need to add it to the list of acceptables. But it calculates it's costs in the dll part, so you don't have access to the price.

kentauros87

Interesting! Someday I must start learning how to mod rimworld  8)

Haplo

You just need the base requirements:
-Time
-The willingness to learn by yourself
-Time
-Learning Xml as the first step, as that is rather easy to grasp
-Time
-If you don't know it, the willingness to learn how to code in c# (If you later on want to do .dll programming)
-Oh and did I mention Time?
;)

kentauros87

... And what about time? lol  ;D Actually it's the most needed resource for me to begin modding