Ingame real time clock

Started by Spidyy, September 21, 2014, 12:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spidyy

Hello! I'm all new to the forum, I bought the game yesterday and I'm having a hell of a GRRRRRRRRRRREAT time playing it.

One thing that happened to me, the game is so addictive that I forgot to check the clock behind me and missed lunch time. :P

You would be really kind to add an ingame realtime clock in the corner of the game screen so I can keep track of time while being fully immerged in your game. :)

BetaSpectre

Most computers have built in clocks.

Though I don't see why not, so as long as its easy support
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Sir Wagglepuss III

This is one of the reasons I love Steam actually... Just have to hit shift+TAB and you've got the current time at the top of the screen. Very handy for when your phone isn't close to hand or you've got a game that really doesn't like minimizing (Insurgency comes to mind as an instant example).

So yeah, having real time displayed in the HUD or the pause menu would be a neat addition assuming it's not too difficult to implement.

Spidyy

Well, the point to having an ingame clock is to accidentaly catch a glimpse of it and say "Oh snap, already this late!", or else you will never think of doing the Maj+Tab and watch it by yourself. :P

I just love games that do it.

Johnny Masters

well, you can place the in-life clock in front of you next time  ;D

This remembers me of dungeon keeper, every now and then your advisor would say random things like your dungeon has been re-carpeted or how even rocks are yawning because you've been idle. Then, if you've playing for a long time, it would say things like  "A secret gamingtip, go to bed!",  "Surely even Keepers retire to a lair of some description?", "Keeper. You know that soft and fluffy item sitting in the other room? It has the power to heal and remove fatigue".  At midnight (or was it 3am?) you would get "It's the Witching Hour, all Curses are Half Price".

That was a funny, "gentle", immersive way to tell me it was time to give it a rest.