Call for public testers (Alpha 7) (closed)

Started by Tynan, September 19, 2014, 03:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

It's that time again! I'm looking for testers to help test RimWorld before public release.

Note that this doesn't just mean playing the game and saying if something goes wrong. It means finding bugs, working on them to understand and reproduce them, and then writing quality reports that explain exactly how to make the bug occur. Reproducing bugs can take significant amounts of time and effort, so be sure you're up for that before you sign up.

Please make sure your forum email matches your order email (obviously you'll need to have bought the game).

If you're into it, awesome! Please post in this thread. Thanks.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Matthiasagreen

I love this game, but have no previous experience testing. I am pretty detailed oriented and love finding patterns. I can test it any day after work that my wife lets me.  ;) If that is enough for you, I would love to.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

touffe

I own the game since Alpha 2 or 3 and am much interested in it since I layed hands on it. Registered on the forums only a few days ago. However i don't have any experience actively testing out game builds. But I have a lot of free time these days, and would love to contribute to the bugs hunt.

TheXIIILightning

I volunteer as a tester!
I have plenty of time on my hands, so I should be able to put a couple hours daily into the new version. I haven't tried the developer tool yet, but this should be a great excuse for it seeing as a few bugs are bound to show up.

I have some knowledge in coding due to my high-school course, that would probably help a lot in figuring out what part of the game is causing the bugs to happen. Aside from that I don't know what else to say, since I have never purposefully played a game for the sole purpose of finding bugs. I'm eager to try though. :3

DrVictorVonDoom

I'd be more than willing to try and help out!

I have played this game every week since right before alpha 1 came out and i'd love the chance to help make it better!

The Uncanny Tranny

While I am fairly new to Rimworld I do have experience testing games ranging from AAA games, indie, to mods/total conversions.  I have a knack for reverse engineering/testing/mix-maxing and enjoy employing the scientific method wherever I can... Plus I have far too much time on my hands binging on Rimworld for the last few weeks.  Figure I may as well do something remotely productive while playing; I volunteer.

PyschoPath

I'd be very glad to test alpha 7. I've had the game since alpha 5, and have some previous testing experience. I have tons of time and can probably find multiple bugs each day. So i volunteer as tribute :)

keylocke

reporting for duty my tallest!

gir! fetch me one of them humans call a debugger kit..
yes, that one full of slime and juuice!! i am ready now!

pick me!!! pick meeEEEeee!!

PyschoPath

Tynan

Yes, ok.

For people new, just check the public tester forum. The first thread has all the info you need.

Thank you!
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Drahkon

I'd love to help myself, early look + help catch the bugs, it's win-win.

Jaxxa

Eyilwrass

I'd love the chance to help, I've been playing games for a fair few years, and am more than a little interested in the mechanics.

Cr0ss0vr

Being in Computer Games Development in uni, I'm up for it...