What can i do in this situation.....

Started by HammBone, September 19, 2014, 05:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HammBone

So some raiders had a siege camp off to the side of my colony as they tend to do... when suddenly some friendly passer-bys pop up on the map right behind them. Of course they shot it out and lost, but there were a couple of survivors. After killing the bandits, the only option i had for the friendly group was to capture (making their faction hostile) or letting them die.

I'm sure the case is, ally factions are not fleshed out... but just wondering if there is anything in as of now to help them (without putting them in prison)

Matthiasagreen

The two options you mentioned are the only options at the moment.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

TheXIIILightning

Yep. There isn't much that you can do with factions yet, when it comes to that. Saving and Capturing are pretty much the same.

keylocke

i usually just strip them naked.

that's the proper way that we say "hello and welcome" to our colony..  ;D

BetaSpectre

Let them die, that way you can loot the bodies.

There's nothing else you can do.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Garen

Quote from: HammBone on September 19, 2014, 05:28:40 PM
So some raiders had a siege camp off to the side of my colony as they tend to do... when suddenly some friendly passer-bys pop up on the map right behind them. Of course they shot it out and lost, but there were a couple of survivors. After killing the bandits, the only option i had for the friendly group was to capture (making their faction hostile) or letting them die.

I'm sure the case is, ally factions are not fleshed out... but just wondering if there is anything in as of now to help them (without putting them in prison)

bury friendlies in a beautiful rose garden graveyard, its what they would have wanted. and leave the bandits out there to rot... unless of course there's resources there then just cremate the bandits.

muffins

Since how factions regard you resets after each load (bug?) I just collect them.

HammBone

Quote from: muffins on September 20, 2014, 03:21:41 AM
Since how factions regard you resets after each load (bug?) I just collect them.

Yeah after i captured them their faction still visited normally, friendly. Though on the communication thingy they wouldn't negotiate with me.

worth i guess... haha