[0.0.250] Roof stay when collapsed

Started by Evul, November 05, 2013, 06:06:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evul

Version: 0.0.250C

Description: When a buildings wall are removed the roof of the building seams to collapse. But the roof shadow is till on the ground. Debris are tho doped on the ground and a message appear telling me about the event. But shadow remains and it will stop rain.

Steps To Reproduce: Build a house sell the walls.

DaNewb

Did this occur when you were building a free standing structure outside? Or did this occur while digging into a mountain? Here is some useful information:
Quote from: Tynan on November 05, 2013, 03:49:11 PM
Mouse over the square. If it says "roof (thin)" you can collapse it away. If it says "roof (thick)" you can collapse it but it never goes away; it's like hundreds of feed of rock.

Psyclops

There was a sort of inlet formed by the rock walls which I closed off with man-made walls. When I did so it tried to form a ceiling but the room was too large so it left a gaping hole in my ceiling. Since I didn't intend for it to have a ceiling in the first place I decided to sell the walls so I could get some sunlight back into the place, however the shadowed stayed even though I took away the walls and it said the roof had collapsed. Picture attached to illustrate my meaning.
-Psyclops

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Lechai

Its not a bug.

Every roof piece will stay up as long as there is a wall tile within 6 or 7 tiles, which i think they still have.

That being said, i wish there was a way to remove artificial ceilings (roof's) in the game as it can become very annoying in some circumstances. For example, if you open up a new area underground that is exposed, the second you add a door into it, it will put up a roof. permanently removing the ability to put solar collectors there.

Lechai

roof tiles will remain as long as there is a wall tile within 6-7 tiles.
Is this the case?

Psyclops

Ah that makes more sense thanks, agreed btw. I had solar panels in that "yard" until the roof went up, and then they became unusable so I had to sell them all, so this should be in the suggestions section then? Thanks!

enystrom8734

The way roofing works will change in future versions. If you believe this to be solved I will close thread. Thank you.
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

enystrom8734

If this is in a mountain or near a mountain this is not a bug. Current game mechanics have it so within 7 blocks of a support/wall, the roof will remain standing. If this is the case it will be closed by design.
E Nystrom - @enystrom8734

Semmy

merged multiple topics about this issue..
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke