Leg Blown off?

Started by water, September 20, 2014, 06:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

water

Hello, very new player here. This is my very first colony and my main worker/miner person just got her leg blown off when the turret she was standing next to blew up. She is in a medical bed and has no injuries other than a missing leg. Is she out of the game forever or will she be able to hobble around once she has healed up a bit more?

Thanks

ApexPredator

In Alpha 6 she will be stuck in the bed. A7 will have prosthetic legs to help out but for now might as well give her the old yeller treatment.

water

ah I see, thankyou. I guess I'll just restart I haven't played this game very long anyways.

Garen

tell her that alpha 7 is coming and keep telling her the wonderous things that will, happen, as you slowly put her to sleep. it needed to be done, for she will sadly never see it

water

Now may I ask another question so as not to make a new thread? Is there a way to recruit travelers without bludgeoning them over the head and then keeping them prisoner?

Damien Hart

Quote from: water on September 21, 2014, 12:02:17 AM
Now may I ask another question so as not to make a new thread? Is there a way to recruit travelers without bludgeoning them over the head and then keeping them prisoner?

None, any attempt to "recruit" (forcefully) a member of another faction will result in open war. You'll have to stick to spacers and recruiting downed hostiles for the foreseeable future.

water

At the risk of being the most annoying person on the forum; what's a "spacer"?

Damien Hart

Spacers are a hidden faction that the people who crash down in pods belong to.

Haplo

Spacer is the faction of the event that another drop pod crash landed nearby and if anyone survived that he/she will be in need of medical attention.
That event is unfortunately rather seldom. But when it comes, the spacers are the easiest to imprison and convince to become a member of your colony. And they don't become an enemy of your colony by doing that. :)

keylocke

Quote from: water on September 21, 2014, 11:33:01 AM
At the risk of being the most annoying person on the forum; what's a "spacer"?

Raufgar

Quote from: Haplo on September 21, 2014, 12:05:13 PM
Spacer is the faction of the event that another drop pod crash landed nearby and if anyone survived that he/she will be in need of medical attention.
That event is unfortunately rather seldom. But when it comes, the spacers are the easiest to imprison and convince to become a member of your colony. And they don't become an enemy of your colony by doing that. :)

Not only is the event random, but it is also tied to your population limit, which is tied to the Storyteller that you are playing under. (Quick note in terms of how many people you can have : Randy > Cassandra > Phoebe)
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Zsword

Really? Phoebe has a lower pop than Cassy? I figured she'd have the higher of the two, considering she is the 'base builder' who wants to see a colony grow, I figure she'd be all about making a MASSIVE fortress of 20-30 people bustling about their daily lives.

Raufgar

Quote from: Zsword on September 21, 2014, 11:25:49 PM
Really? Phoebe has a lower pop than Cassy? I figured she'd have the higher of the two, considering she is the 'base builder' who wants to see a colony grow, I figure she'd be all about making a MASSIVE fortress of 20-30 people bustling about their daily lives.

Nope, you want massively populated colony, go Randy :) You want massive colony with 3 peeps, go Phoebe. Just so you know, Phoebe on high difficulty will still pod drop mechanoids on your colonists.
Don't be afraid to voice your opinions...

The worse thing that can happen to you is that you'll get your ass capped.

Damien Hart

Quote from: Raufgar on September 22, 2014, 12:21:38 AM
Quote from: Zsword on September 21, 2014, 11:25:49 PM

Nope, you want massively populated colony, go Randy :) You want massive colony with 3 peeps, go Phoebe. Just so you know, Phoebe on high difficulty will still pod drop mechanoids on your colonists.

Actually, they are identical with a desired minimum of 3, max of 11, and a critical of 16, while Randy is min 3, max 16, critical 50.

Basically, that means that between desired min/max, recruitment is normal difficulty, random joiners and drop pod crashes happen at regular frequency. After desired max, recruitment becomes harder, and joiners/drop pods become exceedingly rare/non-existant. At critical population, recruitment becomes nearly impossible (if not actually impossible).

water

This is kind of along the same line of legs being blown off, what effects does having a destroyed kidney do to a character. My main miner when crazy and we had to shoot him. Thankfully he didn't die and was reintroduced into the colony a little later but his kidney is gone now. I think it says something like blood filtration is poor but I have no idea what that means in the game.

Thanks.