Leg Blown off?

Started by water, September 20, 2014, 06:05:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spectre

Quote from: water on September 24, 2014, 07:21:44 AM
This is kind of along the same line of legs being blown off, what effects does having a destroyed kidney do to a character. My main miner when crazy and we had to shoot him. Thankfully he didn't die and was reintroduced into the colony a little later but his kidney is gone now. I think it says something like blood filtration is poor but I have no idea what that means in the game.

Thanks.

If I had to guess I think it would mean that he's more susceptible to getting ill when diseases are introduced in A7. Pretty sure at the moment it doesn't do anything other than perhaps minimise their max hp.
Holding hands whilst the walls come tumbling down.

Shaithis

I've noticed that some of the organ destruction in A6 doesnt seem to do anything yet. I've had several colonists with blown off jaws or destroyed stomachs. Even though it lists "Eating" as "None" they still don't starve to death.

a89a89

Quote from: Shaithis on September 24, 2014, 01:57:24 PM
I've noticed that some of the organ destruction in A6 doesnt seem to do anything yet. I've had several colonists with blown off jaws or destroyed stomachs. Even though it lists "Eating" as "None" they still don't starve to death.
People feed them?

christonian

same I have this on my let's play no way to kill them off :(

Spectre

Quote from: christonian on September 24, 2014, 05:21:29 PM
same I have this on my let's play no way to kill them off :(

You can kill colonists. Draft them, click on their weapon and press on the bed ridden colonist. They'll shoot them.

milon

Or sell them for profit. There's a mood impact either way.

Spectre

Quote from: milon on September 24, 2014, 07:26:52 PM
Or sell them for profit. There's a mood impact either way.

I think there is a mood penalty for anyone who see's the ally being shot, but I've used this method to kill prisoners and it doesn't incur the same global mood penalty that they get when you select execution.

Matthiasagreen

Selling them becomes impossible when you have enough colonists that the slave traders keep coming. I personally do the following in the case of useless colonists.

Set bed to prisoner (colonists needs rescue)
draft other colonist
Arrest useless colonists
Set prisoner settings to not receive food or chat

I am pretty sure this avoids all negative buffs except for seeing a dead body, but I bury or cremate them quickly. It has been a while since I have done this, so I could be wrong.-
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

hopdevil

I wish when a leg got blown off you could see it on the map.   You could also pick it up and serve it with potatoes if you wanted to.