wanna know how to beat the OP m-24 sniper raids?? LOOK HERE!!!

Started by W1Z25, November 05, 2013, 06:16:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W1Z25

do you want to know the secret to beating them?? its soooo simple and easy...

ready???

ready??

ready?

go into melee with them!!!!

just funnel them into an area with a door.. when they get close.. charge at them!! then its an even fight and you should win!! (if you want to help the odds.. hide a turret or 2 nearby and once you get into melee, turn the turrets on

hope this helps!!

Veneke

W1Z25

its not risky.. just get them in a confined space and kick some ass.. literally

SharpKris

i think a choke point with a row of sand bags and a row of mines does the job

Tynan

I'm gonna rebalance these. As in, not send them too early.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

princey1205

actually, I prefer having them come early, if you manage to top them off, it really boosts your force projection against waves later on.

Key example:

Colony Name: Tevie's Tremendous TerrorWorld
AAR raid no.3: 3 snipers began an assault on our colony, our outfit included a pistol and hand grenades.
Flushed one sniper into the open and knocked him out, acquired rifle and proceeded to finish off his buddies.
Stabilized our Force Projection early enough to provide fire support against larger groups with or without snipers.

Colony Name: Princey's Pirate Paradise (of death)
AAR Raid no. 5: approx. 9 raiders with mix hand guns, shotguns and 2 snipers.
Colony force projection: 2 m-16's, 3 handguns and 1 grenadier.
Settled into our basecamp with two open fields of fire with minimal cover leading up to our sandbags and one cliff providing protection if we manage to advance.
Assaulting force proceeded to mop up our Automated weaponry with ease, taking only a few casualties in their attempt.
Grenades failed to flush out their snipers and we lost our position due to an overwhelming amount of advancing CQC infantry.

From those two case examples it shows that even -if- you don't get attacked by snipers early and you pick up m-16's and the ilk it can leave you basically -screwed- if even one sniper comes with assistance.

As we were taught in the Army: just because its easy at the start doesn't mean your better off.

Lochar

I have been playing with a chokepoint defense and while I am still playing around with it, it makes all long range raiders come into range of my assault weapons. I also made a single wall segment on each side of opening with my shotgun colonists and park them on both sides.

I've also tried to have toons hide in spots where as soon as the raiders moved in I can then flank the snipers, by sending more than 1 guy, I can usually get him before he takes out the flankers.

I just wish there was a attack command to make your troopers move to firing range instead of having to micro where they will be in position and then open fire.

doom2024

the best way is build walls with doors that force the enemy to come into close ranges i did that and now all of my people can hit the snipers with the charge rifle if you would like or have questions i can post a pic of what i did too. i never lose against any raids i am on day 95 and ive killed over 114 raiders i have began blowing up dead so i have less graves