Foundations for building on mud/water

Started by Damien Hart, September 21, 2014, 01:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien Hart

Basically, and obscenely expensive floor tile made of stone and metal, that has to be researched, which allows construction of walls over mud and water.

This would mean that rather than staying right away from water, or having to enclose an entire body and the surrounding mud to create a secure perimeter, a player could eventually run a wall right up to the edge of deep water (or across, if they felt like it), or even create platforms on the water that are only accessible via a single bridge, forcing the enemy into a choke point if they want to get at it.

This would make water into something that adds a level of flexibility to the game, rather than a blight that prevents any and all use of the surrounding terrain.

Cr0ss0vr

+1, this seems like a simple enough idea that adds loads of flexibility in the areas u can colonies
colonies

Matthiasagreen

I recently built a colony right near a body of water. It was tedious and used some metal, but I used a fertilizer pump to make enough of it into buildable soil. Just a thought.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Rahjital

The fertilizer pump workaround is great when you want to replace mud, but it doesn't work on water. Shallow water can still be walked through, which means it's simply not possible to use lakes in defense but have to be build around them.

Maybe it shouldn't even be able to be built in deep water, just in shallow where pawns can walk, so that a seashore base could still be walled up.