3x speed
50 (54.9%)
Other, by way of mods (please detail)
1 (1.1%)
Multiple/no preference
25 (27.5%)

Total Members Voted: 91

ParagonTerminus

So, after watching people on YouTube play Rimworld, I have to ask: what speed do you guys play the game?

I almost exclusively play on 3x because even at that level, certain stuff goes by pretty slowly. I sometimes cycle down to 1x when needed, but rarely.
Hi there! I hail from the Sky9, FTL, and Katawa Shoujo forums, so if you're on any of those, I (might) know you.

Now carry along, I'm sure the guy below me has something interesting and contributive to say.

Shinzy

at the base speed or paused whenever I build or issue any kind of orders for my minions

and then speed the time up by x2 or x3 when I'm waiting something to get built or there's lot of downtime with nothing really happening

Damien Hart

Yeah mostly 3x but for when the colony requires micromanagement. Though I do spend a ridiculous amount of time paused while I design stuff.

Buccee

I use mostly 3x. only in fights i switch back to normal time (1x) and pause for the micromanagement/planing stuff  :D

Hmmm i think i never used the 2x time option...  ::)

BetaSpectre

70% of the time its at max speed.
25% of the time I use the lowest speed for combat.
5% of the time I might have accidentally used the middle speed button.

I usually pause to issue build orders or to change the speed during or prepping for combat.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Geokinesis

I play at 1x speed (except at night) as I like to fiddle around often and also so I don't miss anything.

Aregul

Except for at night when nothing is happening, I usually play at 2x.

Mystic

I normally play at 2X, except for slowing down to 1X for a bit after giving a mess of orders, to be sure the pawns are doing what I intended. I also slow down to 1X anytime hostile forces are on the map, whether they are currently attacking or not.

ITypedThis

I play largely on 1x speed, but I will set it to 3x speed if all of my colonists are asleep.

C. Fenderson

Depends.  If I'm running mod tests, it's always on 3x.  Crops take forever to grow, and that's the focus of my mod atm.
If I'm playing to play, Sims rules.  1x normally, 3x when everyone's sleeping.  I think that should be an option by default, actually.

Zsword

I live in the times Three, if I feel like I need to put in input, I pause and do what I need to do. I sorta use Combat auto setting you to the slowest speed as a warning that combat is happening.

Halinder

Regulus

Generally play as fast as possible w/ lots of pausing in between to give commands.

Plan out building, unpause and run at 3x, pause when issues pop-up... rinse and repeat.

ItchyFlea

I usually play at 3x speed, pause the game when placing down blueprints for buildings, and 1x when micromanaging colonists. When everybody is sleeping or if everybody is slowly doing tasks and don't need my involvement, I bump it up to 4x speed. (Activated by hitting the 4 key. (Might only be available in dev mode, not sure.))
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

muffins

I play 1x speed all the time, day and night. I just love watching my colonists doing their thing.