Bring back the muffalo!!

Started by Fruit loops, October 29, 2014, 06:22:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fruit loops

Anybody remember those good old day with the muffalo.
They used to be the founding fathers in the arid shrub land.
They provided food.
They provided a good way to rank up because of their health
They overall ( to me ) Were and still are the best animal that roams the RimWorlds

Has anybody even seen a muffalo since alpha 5? Hmm?
No.. I didn't think so

Muffalos used to live in deserts and wooded areas (arid shrub lands consisted of desert and temperate forest)

Does anybody agree?

BRING BACK THE MUFFALO!
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

Notho

I approve. I haven't seen any for a while, but I though it was because I'm trying the new biomes.

Cimanyd

Looking at the BiomeDefs BiomesBase file, they're still there, but only in arid shrubland.

In A7, Arid shrubland has muffalo, squirrels, boomrats, iguanas, rhinoceros...es?, and wild boars.
Temperate forest: deer, squirrels, wild boars, boomrats, tortoises.
Desert: megascarabs, iguanas, dromedaries.
Tropical rainforest: cobras, monkeys, wild boars, tortoises.

Each biome has at least one animal you won't find anywhere else, and no animal is in all biomes.

Quote from: Fruit loops on October 29, 2014, 06:22:57 PM
Has anybody even seen a muffalo since alpha 5? Hmm?
Yes. I haven't played in arid shrubland in A7, but I did once in A6 and there were muffalo there.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Fruit loops

@Cimanyd

I know there is still Muffalo in the Arid shrub land, its just that Nobody plays that biome anymore (well not very often) because we had that biome for 5 alphas I am just saying to add the Muffalos to other biomes like the desert and temperate forests.

it would be great to see them more often
The guy who suggested the mood debuff for harvesting prisoner organs.

Cimanyd

Oh, OK, I thought you thought they weren't in the game anymore.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

ShadowTani

I stick mostly to the arid shrubland biome (nostalgic I guess), and yes, I can confirm that the muffalo is still there. And yeah, arid shrubland definitively have the best and most interesting wildlife - I guess another reason why I keep going back to it.

EarthyTurtle

I'm content with current distribution tbh. Muffalo's are lords of the plain, not the jungle.

StorymasterQ

Muff, Muff, Muffalo of the Jungle, watch out for that tree...
*hums*
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

skullywag

Just as a sidenote. You can edit the biome defs to set what spawns where if you feel like it. Plants as well.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Haplo

Personally I'd like to have some more non-earth animals.
Right now we have muffalos and boomrats (and maybe megascarabs) and that was it.
Everything else is an earth like, unmodified and non-evolved animal as far as I see it.
A few more non-basic animals would increase the immersion of RimWorld being a different planet.
Most areas right now could be something here on earth..

JimmyAgnt007

earthlike is the basis for everything in the game.  someone who knows lore better can tell the specifics.  so no aliens.  but it would be nice to see some more strange mutations.

that being said, when we can crash in the arctic biome, can we have wampas living in caves?  and can ice be a building material?