Your weirdest habits

Started by ParagonTerminus, September 21, 2014, 10:00:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redhuntery

Quote from: keylocke on September 21, 2014, 01:27:04 PM
* most of the people i recruit are cannibals, psychopaths, masochists, sanguine, nudist, etc (weird traits but manageable negative effects).
* i store the AI core where i store my potatoes.

Glados ?!?

Damien Hart

I collect hearts, and decorate the dining room/common room with them.

It's okay though, they're usually from the enemy.

EBrown

I typically build all walls out of wood to begin with. I also build all doors that are on the exterior of buildings out of metal.

The prison is converted to Stone entirely as soon as I can afford. Stone Beds, Stone Floor, Stone Walls, Stone Doors.

Later I slowly replace the remaining exterior walls with stone, and the exterior doors with stone.

All interior walls are wood and all interior doors are wood.

Beds are always wood (except the prison beds.)

I try to avoid solar generators as much as possible. This forces me to locate all steam geysers early in the game so I can make an appropriate attack plan. All my geothermal generators are surrounded by a building, and a build a concrete floor around them and a path of concrete to them.

Anyone that attacks my colony and survives is captured/arrested and then I harvest what organs I can. (Typically a kidney, lung and heart or liver, since the final one kills them.) The organs are subsequently sold.

I typically have an "initiation" routine for all new colonists. Typically I have them act as hauler/cleaner monkeys until the base is clean. Then they are initiated. I do typically choose a colonist that acts on behalf of myself. He doesn't get much special treatment though, other than the best gun typically.

I grow loads and loads of food, and cotton. I don't grow devilstrand anymore. (Just not worth it in my opinion.)

Thanks,
EBrown

keylocke

Quote from: redhuntery on October 18, 2014, 12:03:21 AM
Quote from: keylocke on September 21, 2014, 01:27:04 PM
* most of the people i recruit are cannibals, psychopaths, masochists, sanguine, nudist, etc (weird traits but manageable negative effects).
* i store the AI core where i store my potatoes.

yea. i call that room, the enrichment center.. in space!

Glados ?!?

Thorin

Quote from: EBrown on October 18, 2014, 02:44:18 PM
I do typically choose a colonist that acts on behalf of myself.

I do this too but then got kidnapped, while I had my attention on the other side of the map. Killing off a Mech-pod had a bit more priority.

My other habit: my pawns who can haul: have a devilstrand cowboy hat. The pawns who can't either have none or the light blue one (forgot the name).
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, totally worn out & proclaiming "WOW, what a ride!"

Igabod

Quote from: Thorin on October 21, 2014, 02:46:06 AM
My other habit: my pawns who can haul: have a devilstrand cowboy hat. The pawns who can't either have none or the light blue one (forgot the name).

Not a bad idea. I usually use Edb's prepare carefully mod along with apparello and set mine up with appropriate clothing for their jobs. The construction worker and miner get hardhats and the  social dude gets a fedora or a beret sometimes. The gardener gets overalls and a cowboy hat. I usually make 4 starting colonists just so I can see all the different outfits. Sometimes if I'm anticipating a lot of fighting (like on an open map with no mountains) then I set everybody up with normal clothes but the light power armor helmets or some other protective headgear from apparello, and then I color code the helmets for which ones are the best fighters. My best shooter always has a bright red helmet, the next best gets yellow, then green, then blue. Of course this all falls apart once I have more than my starting 4 guys. But I do switch the helmets out between colonists, giving the top 4 shooters the color coded helmets and the rest get whatever I can scavenge off the raiders.

Redclaw

-I make Cryo labs (I have the desire to put my colonists in stasis then use a Robot colonist mod to make a Skynet colony, Also I bury the Cryo pods :-X)
-I make all my permanent buildings 11x11
-I like watching them build stuff on 3x speed

The best Bait for visitors is a place to eat.

Sepkan

Quote from: Igabod on October 21, 2014, 04:40:20 PM
Quote from: Thorin on October 21, 2014, 02:46:06 AM
the  social dude gets a fedora

Stan-K

I avoid standardising buildings, each room/building should be unique. Except for carpet colour, that must be standardised. Red carpet for bedrooms, blue for the hospital, green for the rest.

Furthermore no colonist or prisoner gets killed (except when they try to escape, or to try out new features). With 3/10th of a brain they can still board the ship when I build it.

Igabod

Quote from: Stan-K on October 27, 2014, 08:39:28 PM
With 3/10th of a brain they can still board the ship when I build it.
Excellent news for Paris Hilton (or insert other famous idiot)!

H_D

I have couple of squirrels in my main base.

Igabod

Quote from: H_D on October 28, 2014, 06:20:42 AM
I have couple of squirrels in my main base.

lol who doesn't? I mean besides all the dirt loving dwarves.

H_D

Quote from: Igabod on October 28, 2014, 08:44:16 AM
lol who doesn't? I mean besides all the dirt loving dwarves.

I'm dirt loving dwarf and I kill every animal nearby except those squirrels.

Wex

I change colonist hands with powerclaws as soon as they lose a digit. If the hand is wholly gone they get a knife protusion.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

skullywag

I ALWAYS turn snow on in december. I will reload a save if i forget.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?