[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: wsensor on June 14, 2016, 10:59:05 AM
I made my colonists the way I wanted them.
Saved a preset (just cause I decided to restart the pc cause a windows update finished...)

Loaded Rimworld back up went to start a colony again.
Loaded Preset.

Went with a random location.
Colonists were not the ones I wanted (from the preset)

Tried again and again kept happening.

Mods Loaded:
CCL+vanillatweak
EDB Mod Order, Colonist bar, prepare carefully.
ARBRealisticResearch/NoATVRaiderspatch
ED-Plants24h

It always starts the new colony with the same people and base items from before I loaded the presets.

Normally, this problem would happen if you've got another mod that also modifies the game's map generation.  If that other mod is loaded after Prepare Carefully, its map generation changes will take precedence and your customizations will be ignored.  You can find out if this is the problem by loading Prepare Carefully last in your mod order, but keep in mind that this might break the other mod.

That said, from a quick look, I don't think that any of those mods change the map generation, so there could be something else going on.

notfood

Things I tested several times under HardcoreSK + CrashLanding on Linux:

☑ Random apparel, weapons, items, pets.
☑ Relationships
☑ Injuries
☑ Implants
☑ CrashLanding

Also applied HardcoreSK changes to the MapGenerators.xml and everything went smoothly.

Everything works!

wsensor

Quote from: EdB on June 14, 2016, 12:08:10 PM
SNIP
Hmm. I forgot a mod before (misc map generator) that might cause it since it messes with map generation?
Oh well I guess I will not use it and try again later on.

EDIT: That was the cause but luckily for me there was a patch for this in the misc mai thread XD.

Exende

the problems with ADogSaid I had a few posts back was fixed!  Thank you for the quick fix!  I'm not sure how you can narrow it down that quickly to a specific mod from a relatively vague log entry, lol!

☢FLAY☢

Any plans or ways to enable adding custom colonists in the game without creating a new game?

Archemide

Quote from: EdB on June 14, 2016, 12:08:10 PM
-snip-

Normally, this problem would happen if you've got another mod that also modifies the game's map generation.  If that other mod is loaded after Prepare Carefully, its map generation changes will take precedence and your customizations will be ignored.  You can find out if this is the problem by loading Prepare Carefully last in your mod order, but keep in mind that this might break the other mod.

That said, from a quick look, I don't think that any of those mods change the map generation, so there could be something else going on.

Oh my god, thank you. I've been trying to figure out why this has been happening with Hardcore SK pack. Thank you so much!

InfiniteRemnant

Some of the buttons don't respond unless i click in a very specific part of the button. Usually the name tags and the three buttons that change the menu on the far left of the character edit screen.

Turning the other mods in my collection off didn't do shit.

Might want to look into that.

On the up-side everything else works just fine far as i can tell.

skullywag

Would be nice if we could go a little deeper into the relationships for things like compatibility, no point adding a relationship if they arent compatible and are gonna split up days after landing.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Em

Oh thank you so much Edb! I've been waiting for the relationship customization, and it's great! I'd kiss you if I could!

JimmyProvince

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Verse.BodyPartDef,System.Collections.Generic.List`1[Verse.BodyPartRecord]].get_Item (Verse.BodyPartDef key) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ImplantManager..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.HealthManager..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_CharMaker..ctor (Boolean generateColonists) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ModController.MenusUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ModController.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Got this error. Anyone know why?

EdB

Quote from: JimmyProvince on June 18, 2016, 05:04:14 AM

Are you definitely using the most recent version?  A similar issue was reported earlier and fixed in the most recent.  If you are up-to-date, it would be useful to know which other mods you are using.

JimmyProvince

Quote from: EdB on June 18, 2016, 12:13:51 PM
Quote from: JimmyProvince on June 18, 2016, 05:04:14 AM

Are you definitely using the most recent version?  A similar issue was reported earlier and fixed in the most recent.  If you are up-to-date, it would be useful to know which other mods you are using.

Definitely using the latest version.

notfood

Try redownloading it. The screenshot doesn't say anything about which version you are using.

GrumpyGrobby

Thank you for the awesome update Ed!  Your mods and Hospitality are the only mods I just can't live without.  Thank you for all your hard work and effort keeping them updated and working.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Frost_Coyote