[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HonorsBastion13

Quote from: Boston on July 26, 2016, 08:36:15 PM
Is it possible for someone to port this to Steam? I downloaded it and jammed it into my mods folder, yet can't access it with Steam : (

Are you sure that you are actually putting the mod in the correct area? It should go in a directory that looks similar to the following:

Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods

If you can't find it, then open up steam and then right click on RimWorld and go to properties. Then go to local files then browse local files which should open up the main RimWorld folder. Open up the mods folder and then extract (with WinRar or 7-zip) the file that you downloaded into the mods folder. Then go in game and activate Prepare Carefully.

Lem Wright

Quote from: Boston on July 26, 2016, 08:36:15 PM
Is it possible for someone to port this to Steam? I downloaded it and jammed it into my mods folder, yet can't access it with Steam : (

You need to change the target version in the About file, probably.

jonbrant

Been using his "beta" release no problems. We need to get him a Patreon account or something to thank/make it worth his time, maybe, to keep udpating it.

Krush

Quote from: Venatos on July 26, 2016, 05:51:43 AM
i realy hope someone takes over soon, so we can have a official and supported version on the workshop....
I'm looking at the code this weekend and trying to see if I can get the original author to do the initial upload to steam so he has his name credited properly on the workshop, before he hands it off to someone else.

Vicky

HonorsBastion13

Quote from: Vicky on July 28, 2016, 07:23:27 AM
:( :(many bugs doesnt work for alpha 14 please fix :( :(

1. Are you actually using the alpha 14 beta version of Prepare Carefully. The link for it is in the third paragraph of the first post.

2. If you are, then what exactly is going wrong as your reply is pretty much worthless as it stands. You're not giving any useful information as to why the beta build, which is working perfectly fine for most people, isn't working for you.

EdB

Quote from: Venatos on July 26, 2016, 05:51:43 AM
i realy hope someone takes over soon, so we can have a official and supported version on the workshop....

I've decided that I will be making some final bug fixes and updates to finish out the alpha 14 version and that I will publish it to Steam.  I'll try to care of it this weekend.

bazalisk

you probably already know but some Chinese dude called Mrfengshao has already posted a very hit n miss version of this on Steam. 

Skullywag is currently having issues with him uploading copies of his mods.  you may want to look into it? 

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: bazalisk on July 28, 2016, 11:25:42 AM
you probably already know but some Chinese dude called Mrfengshao has already posted a very hit n miss version of this on Steam. 

Skullywag is currently having issues with him uploading copies of his mods.  you may want to look into it?

I think they resolved the issue, the chinese guy is now on this forum uploading translations, and appears pretty amiable to doing things the "correct" way. Not to say a note to him about any other mods may not be in order, just perhaps to not go in guns blazing to begin with.

ThiIsMe007

Quote from: EdB on July 28, 2016, 10:05:53 AM

I've decided that I will be making some final bug fixes and updates to finish out the alpha 14 version and that I will publish it to Steam.  I'll try to care of it this weekend.

As one of the recent players of Rimworld, I haven't been able to use any of your mods. Yet each time I saw one of your screenshots to your mods, or feature lists, I thought that "wow, I really would have liked to use that mod if I could".

Thank you very much for your time and efforts (and to every other modder here whose mods I use in my game).

Hopefully we will also get the update on non-Steam copies ? Is there a way to donate to you via PayPal, once the update is done ?

Krush

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 28, 2016, 11:58:57 AM

I think they resolved the issue, the chinese guy is now on this forum uploading translations, and appears pretty amiable to doing things the "correct" way. Not to say a note to him about any other mods may not be in order, just perhaps to not go in guns blazing to begin with.
Should just submit the translations to the original mods imo.

falcongrey

Quote from: Krush on July 28, 2016, 06:14:59 PM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 28, 2016, 11:58:57 AM

Should just submit the translations to the original mods imo.

I believe this is the correct way to do things. :)
It matters not if we win or fail. It's that we stood and faced it.

EdB

I've released a new bug fix version of the mod (v0.14.0.5).  I still need to call it a "beta" release, because there are still a few minor bugs that I'm seeing in there--and I'd like people to try it out a bit to make sure that I didn't break anything else.

You can download from github here:
https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases

I think I'm handling problems with modded items better now.  That seems to be the biggest issue that people are having with the previous versions.  But let me know if you're still having problems with the Prepare Carefully button not doing anything when you click it or with a blank window opening.

If you're using the Community Core Library mod you already know this (and if you're not using it, you really ought to be), but be sure to restart the game when you change your mod order or enable a bunch of new mods!!!  Sometimes the game does not handle a complex mod reload properly, and it can cause all sorts of problems.

EDIT: I'm targeting this weekend to try to finish up the first non-beta release and get it up on Steam.

sefin_88

EdB, dude if I had to pick only one mod to use in my game.  It would be Prepare Carefully.  Love your mod man.  Thanks for all the effort.

BaconBits

Downloaded the new version and got this error:

Mod EdBPrepareCarefully-0.14.0.5 has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.14.1234</targetVersion>

Even after I changed it in the About.XML

Sorry bud