[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

Quote from: WolfKing on July 28, 2016, 11:36:02 PM
Downloaded the new version and got this error:

Mod EdBPrepareCarefully-0.14.0.5 has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.14.1234</targetVersion>

Even after I changed it in the About.XML

Sorry bud

Are you using an earlier release?  Are you using Steam--I didn't test it in Steam.  I should have done that.

EDIT: Just a note that the latest release of the game is 0.14.1241.  That is the version that I am targeting in the mod.  Anyone else seeing this issue?  It's working ok for me in both Steam and regular version.

BaconBits

Quote from: EdB on July 28, 2016, 11:39:36 PM

Mod EdBPrepareCarefully-0.14.0.5 has incorrectly formatted target version 'Unknown'. For the current version, write: <targetVersion>0.14.1234</targetVersion>

Sorry bud

Are you using an earlier release?  Are you using Steam--I didn't test it in Steam.  I should have done that.

Right now I'm using 0.14.1234 because I only have access to crapy hotspot. I've wasted 2 downloads trying to get the newest version. Is that the issue?

Edit: I'm not using Steam

EdB

Quote from: WolfKing on July 28, 2016, 11:43:41 PM

Sorry bud

Right now I'm using 0.14.1234 because I only have access to crapy hotspot. I've wasted 2 downloads trying to get the newest version. Is that the issue?

Yes, that's probably the issue.  You tried changing the version manually in the About.xml to <targetVersion>0.14.1234</targetVersion>?  I would expect that to fix it.

BaconBits

Quote from: EdB on July 28, 2016, 11:47:25 PM
Quote from: WolfKing on July 28, 2016, 11:43:41 PM

Sorry bud

Yes, that's probably the issue.  You tried changing the version manually in the About.xml to <targetVersion>0.14.1234</targetVersion>?  I would expect that to fix it.

Yep, just double checked the About.xml. I has my version

EdB

Quote from: WolfKing on July 28, 2016, 11:53:42 PM

Strange.  Just curious--are you on Windows or another OS?  I'm testing it out with the copy of 0.14.1234 that I still have around (I'm using Windows), and it's working ok for me.  I'm wondering what could be different.

BaconBits

Quote from: EdB on July 29, 2016, 12:09:00 AM
Quote from: WolfKing on July 28, 2016, 11:53:42 PM

Strange.  Just curious--are you on Windows or another OS?  I'm testing it out with the copy of 0.14.1234 that I still have around (I'm using Windows), and it's working ok for me.  I'm wondering what could be different.

I'm using Windows as well. After I place the new update in the mods folder and start RW, I get that error before I even enable the mod. When I go to enable it, it's font is red and I get the same error after restarting RW.
This couldn't be a mod order or mod conflict could it?

2much41

@EdB,  I love you man! Was going blind trying to get the characters I wanted. Thank you! Oh, there's a filthy rumor going around about you not supporting this awesome mod after A14. That's not a thing, just a filthy rumor right? :)

Sarelth

There is a Steam version for this? I only see the chinese one.

EdB

Quote from: Sarelth on July 29, 2016, 10:32:40 PM
There is a Steam version for this? I only see the chinese one.

I have a few bugs left to fix before I can call the alpha 14 version done.  I plan to try to do those fixes and complete a Steam release this weekend.

If you want to help test the latest version, you can download from here:
https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases

Sarelth

ThiIsMe007

Quote from: EdB on July 29, 2016, 10:58:04 PMI have a few bugs left to fix before I can call the alpha 14 version done.  I plan to try to do those fixes and complete a Steam release this weekend.

I started a new colony with a couple of mods, including yours, and so far I haven't spotted any bugs whatsoever during the generation process. I didn't go much further today, but plan to do so tomorrow.

My offer still holds : do you have have a PayPal ?

I would love to buy you a beer, to thank you for your efforts on updating this mod to a version that I can play.

EdB

Quote from: ThiIsMe007 on July 29, 2016, 11:40:31 PM
Quote from: EdB on July 29, 2016, 10:58:04 PMI have a few bugs left to fix before I can call the alpha 14 version done.  I plan to try to do those fixes and complete a Steam release this weekend.
My offer still holds : do you have have a PayPal ?

I appreciate that, but absolutely not necessary.  It's a satisfying hobby, and that's good enough for me.

viperwasp

Curious question I have noticed for a long time that you can use EdB Prepare Carefully to get skills above level 20. If you don't know how to do this you can click skills to high levels like 18+ often does this and then hit random on some of background rolls and bingo you can get over 20 easily. Has anyone ever play tested games with values over 20? Does it actually improve your colonists further? Have you had issues using colonists with stats over 20? 

Also I don't consider this a bug of EdB as you can easily fix stats over 20 by clicking and adjusting them to the desired level at any time during character creation.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

Lennbolt7

Quote from: viperwasp on July 30, 2016, 02:39:04 AM
values over 20
Is a colonist with a skill over 20 actually better than a colonist with the same skill at 20?

Ienkoron

I'm no programmer or owt, but I can offer a hug in thanks for this great mod :)
If there's someone likely to over react, that's likely to be me :P