[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thundercraft

First, I just wanted to say that I love this mod!

That said, I have found what I am certain is an obscure bug:

Steps to repeat:

(1) Create colonists and make sure that at least one of them has a skin tone other than the default "white" (which is choice #4 out of 5 on the color of Head Choice).

(2) Click [Save Preset], saving it as {some name}.

(3) Makes some changes or reload, then click [Load Preset] to load {some name}.

The bug? The [Save Preset] option does not seem to save the skin color of colonists. It always seems to revert to the default white. Another words, the [Save Preset] button seems to be, dare I say, rather racist.    ??? :-[  ::)

As I like my starting characters to be at least a little diverse, I have to remember to manually click on Head Choice and change the colors back to what they were every time I load a preset with a group that is not all white.

onerous1

Glad to know that the mod reverts to the default white skin tone upon reload and it wasn't my oversight a billion times (lots of restarts before I discovered Map Reroll).

jeffg10

it would be awesome to see a application version of the character creator that i can load my mods into (for modded clothing purposes) and launch separate to rimworld to make characters while doing other things like watching youtube then have a button to export the characters (or at least just save them)

if that's all a little complex it's fine, i just wanted to suggest the idea   

EdB

A test version of the mod is available for those of you who want to try it with Alpha 16:
https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases/tag/v0.16.0.2

As always with these releases, they tend to be a little unstable and buggy at first, so only try it out if you're willing to put up with some instability.  Feel free to post issues here if you run any problems.

notfood

cat2002

[A16]
Switching a characters background doesn't change what is shown as disabled.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

EdB

Quote from: cat2002 on December 13, 2016, 10:22:49 PM
[A16]
Switching a characters background doesn't change what is shown as disabled.

Thanks for the bug report.  I did another release that should fix this problem.  Let me know if it's still there or if you run into anything else:
https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases/tag/v0.16.0.2

denspb

Some low-priority feature request:
I prefer to set pawn chronological age same as biological age.
But chronological age can be really large number (e.g. 400 years), UI does not allow to input the number directly, and clicking button 400 times is annoying. Is it possible to add "Copy biological age to chronological age" button?

ChromeMax

Quote from: denspb on December 14, 2016, 12:02:46 PM
Some low-priority feature request:
I prefer to set pawn chronological age same as biological age.
But chronological age can be really large number (e.g. 400 years), UI does not allow to input the number directly, and clicking button 400 times is annoying. Is it possible to add "Copy biological age to chronological age" button?
If you hold down the button you want it to change and drag it it that direction, it changes the age faster.

PandaCG

EdB

I've done a release of the mod to match the official Alpha 16 update.  As always, sometimes early mod releases for new alphas are buggy, so please let me know if you run into any issues.

keylocke

Love

Would it be possible to make adjustments to make Verify Start more easily integrate with this mod? In the past, theubie made a patch for his mod to work specifically with this one but it seems he's having trouble doing that this time around...

Kadjunga

While using it with facial stuff and in the prepare carefully page. I can not access any hair features. The screen just goes black completely. The game keeps running, but the page is blank.

Pressing escape returns back to the previous page.

Not sure if this would be a case for prepare carefully or facial stuff?