[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Yes this is an allways must have mod, no new colony without one !

And i think the "Use point limits" should be on by default, or some new player think that many points are normal for new colonies.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Canute on April 18, 2017, 02:52:01 AM
And i think the "Use point limits" should be on by default, or some new player think that many points are normal for new colonies.
The points system is an interesting measure of colony start. With five tribals I get around 20k, and with a custom scenario of five industrials that was 40k someone declared "OP" to the starting provisions. So that looks like a range of about 4k~8k points/colonist.

I like to impose skill-point and passion purchase costs on myself to make skill selection more interesting. My starting team gets
  • skill-5 across the board
  • A primary skill at skill-10
  • Two secondary skills at skill-8
  • A disinterested skill at skill-3
  • One burning passion
  • Three passions
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

EdB

Quote from: AngleWyrm on April 18, 2017, 01:39:59 AM
the current system either displays or doesn't display them according to meeting the various prerequisites.

This is not the intent.  It should be showing all of the backstories.  Can you give me an example of a backstory that is not appearing in the list?  I have not looked at the details of how backstories are assigned to randomly generated characters, but I believe it limits which ones are chosen based on the backstory categories defined in a faction's XML definition file.  The mod doesn't look at these categories at all right now; it just grabs the entire list of backstories from the vanilla game's "backstory database".

Dragoon

Will the new version display the stats of apparel? Like how much social or accuracy it boosts or adds a penalty too?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

Rapthor

Dragoon

Quote from: Rapthor on May 05, 2017, 10:21:51 AM
Hey
Will there be an A17 Update?
lol yes
literally look up ahead it's on the same page lol. Always jump to the end at least to see fi anyone has asked or there is any news. XD
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

hellion2k9

GrandeTurco

AngleWyrm

Recently I've been running into an odd behavior that I'm guessing is a memory issue during neolithic tribal starts.

When I go to load a pre-existing set of colonists (not a single but a group) a message pops up complaining that it failed to load and that I should make sure all appropriate mods are loaded. This doesn't always happen but it has happened with some regularity, maybe 1 in 5 starts.

Tonight I did something different: When I arrived at the main prepare carefully screen and attempted to load my defined starting set it failed. But then I deleted two of the five colonists on screen and then tried loading my preset group of five and it worked.

mod list attached

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

YokoZar

klun

Great Mod, Can't wait to jump into A17 with this!

YokoZar

I was considering contributing some changes to help with the mod, but it looks like all the work you've done on the previous page hasn't been pushed to the github repo.  Did you want it to remain separate for now?

Thank you so much for this!

EdB

I've released a test version for Alpha 17.  There are probably a lot of bugs, but if you want to help me find them, please give it try--let me know what I broke!
https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases

Please read the notes on the GitHub download page before installing.

AngleWyrm