[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GreenThumbsUp

Thanks for updating it to A17! Awesome UI too. It's worth the wait.

EdB

Quote from: AngleWyrm on May 19, 2017, 12:32:33 AM

You got that error when?  When you click on the "Prepare Carefully" button?  Or just when you land on the "Create characters" page?  It looks like you're on 0.17.1527.  The mod was built against 0.17.1542--not sure if that will make a difference.

Are you using other mods?  Are you on Windows or another OS?

Vaniat

A keyed named "EdB.PC.Panel.Health.Error.MustSelectOption" is not valid.maybe it was written to "EdB.PC.Panel.Health.ErrorMustSelectOption"

YokoZar

Thanks, the new version is awesome!

One small bug I found: when I tried to overwrite the preset I had from prior version, it just made a new preset save instead.

One small UX issue: I had to click on the increment chronological age button over 900 times to get it to the age I wanted for a particular pawn (closer to physical age)

Also cloth clothes cost more points than synthread clothes equipped on the starting colonists.  Not sure why.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: EdB on May 19, 2017, 12:58:01 AM
You got that error when?  When you click on the "Prepare Carefully" button?
Yes, it came up when I clicked on the prepare carefully button. The only other mods active at the time were hugslib and vegetable garden.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

DariusWolfe

Quote from: YokoZar link=topic=6261.msg333117#msg333117
One small UX issue: I had to click on the increment chronological age button over 900 times to get it to the age I wanted for a particular pawn (closer to physical age)

Non-intuitive, but click on the number,  and slowly drag left or right to quickly change the age. It mirrors the old behavior from the trading menu.

Michael27140

Hello, i am french sorry google translation. When I want to customize my settlers with your mod this does not work. I send you the bug report in attachment

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

grrizo

Quote from: Michael27140 on May 19, 2017, 12:32:56 PM
Hello, i am french sorry google translation. When I want to customize my settlers with your mod this does not work. I send you the bug report in attachment
Yep, I have the same problem. It's like I were using the A16 version, nothing happens when you click in "Prepare Carefully".
Lavish meal, now with extra Yorkshire terrier meat.

EdB

Quote from: grrizo on May 19, 2017, 12:51:33 PM
Quote from: Michael27140 on May 19, 2017, 12:32:56 PM
Yep, I have the same problem. It's like I were using the A16 version, nothing happens when you click in "Prepare Carefully".

Thanks for the log file.  That helped.  Be sure that you're running the latest Alpha 17 release: version 0.17.1542 or later.  There actually was a change recently that I think is causing this issue.

Michael27140

I have this version  RimWorld Alpha 17.v0.17.1529 no steam

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Michael27140 on May 19, 2017, 03:21:57 PM
I have this version  RimWorld Alpha 17.v0.17.1529 no steam

That version is roughly 2 weeks old. Current being 1542 at the end. Tynan has stated that number increments by one every day. So about 13 days old. Make sure your Steam is online so that it will update.

EdB

Quote from: YokoZar on May 19, 2017, 05:16:50 AM
Thanks, the new version is awesome!

One small bug I found: when I tried to overwrite the preset I had from prior version, it just made a new preset save instead.

Also cloth clothes cost more points than synthread clothes equipped on the starting colonists.  Not sure why.

Thanks for the bug reports.

I've release a new version, 0.17.0.3.  It fixes the save overwrite bug and a few of the translation errors that were reported. It also adds the ability to type in the values when editing age and choosing equipment counts.  You can still click-and-drag, but the click-and-drag UI has long been a point of confusion, since it was never obvious that you could do that.  The new option should make it easier.  Just click on the field to make it editable.

https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases

I'll need to look at the synthread point cost issue.  The mod gives a discount to synthread on your starting colonists, but I probably need to extend that discount to lower-value materials as well to avoid cloth ending up more expensive.

Known issues:

• Colonists with the "Wimp" trait are ending up downed by the pain associated with old scars.  I need to figure out how to stop that from happening.

TacataX

Hey!
I tried to make your mod work with A17, but nothing pops up when I click the button and I keep getting this error:
Exception filling window for EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn.ResetCachedIncapableOf () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn.InitializeWithPawn (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn..ctor (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.InitializePawns () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.Initialize () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns.<DoWindowContents>b__8_2 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Page.DoBottomButtons (Rect rect, System.String nextLabel, System.String midLabel, System.Action midAct, Boolean showNext) [0x0015a] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\UI\Entry\Page.cs:94
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns.DoWindowContents (Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C2.<>m__1B7 (Int32 x) [0x001ff] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\Window.cs:192
Verse.Log:Error(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:48)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey2C2:<>m__1B7(Int32) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\UI\Windows\Window.cs:196)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle) (at C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\IMGUI\Managed\GUI.cs:1896)

EdB

Quote from: TacataX on May 20, 2017, 06:53:20 AM
I tried to make your mod work with A17, but nothing pops up when I click the button and I keep getting this error:
Exception filling window for EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn.ResetCachedIncapableOf () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

You'll get this error if you're running an older version of alpha 17.  You must be running at least version 0.17.1542.  Updates are being released almost daily, so be sure that you're online in Steam and getting the latest on a regular basis.

YokoZar

I had a few colonists end up with interest in skills they were incapable of.  Double check that a background change clears that.