[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wild_Wolve

ooooouuuuuuuuwwwwwwwwuuuuuuuuuuooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu *wolf howling*
Hello community and greetings from Vienna/austria ^^

first of all ... EdB? i wanna say thank you
thank you for this mod und especially for not giving it up, prepare carefully is in my opinion one of the most importand mods of all ^^

now i have a suggestion for the animals

as a animal loving person a animal is every time a fully part of my family. so i found it strange evertime i start a new world in rimworld or making a new preset. now i don't understand anything about modmaking and programming but i don't thinmk it's a big deal. can you add a new tab to your preset screen, for animals, so i could customized them, insteed of add a new animal as a peace of equipment?

right now we have a tab for charakters, a tab for relations and a tab for equipment. in the animals tab, i would suggest, you can change the name of an animal, the health - like in the charakterstab, how old the animal is, the gender,  of course what kind of animal it is, and if there is a bond with one of the colonists

what do you think EdB? are yo interested in this idea? ^^

Armorpiercing125

The prepare carefully button isn't working for me.

EdB

Quote from: Wild_Wolve on May 30, 2017, 10:43:03 PM
right now we have a tab for charakters, a tab for relations and a tab for equipment. in the animals tab, i would suggest, you can change the name of an animal, the health - like in the charakterstab, how old the animal is, the gender,  of course what kind of animal it is, and if there is a bond with one of the colonists

what do you think EdB? are yo interested in this idea? ^^

I started working on exactly what you're describing (a "Pets" tab) as part of all of the Alpha 17 changes that were made to the mod.  I ran into a couple of complications that made it more time-consuming than I expected, and I had to set it aside to get everything else done in time for the release.  I may come back to it, but I'm not sure when.

DenVildeHest

I'm curious if this is a bug/related to my other mods?
If I use prepare carefully I can't read the info in the "Review Scenario"  button in the escape menu. it just says "Cannot read data".

EdB

Quote from: DenVildeHest on May 31, 2017, 03:29:10 PM
I'm curious if this is a bug/related to my other mods?
If I use prepare carefully I can't read the info in the "Review Scenario"  button in the escape menu. it just says "Cannot read data".

Yes, looks like that's a bug in Prepare Carefully.  Thanks for reporting it--I don't think I would have ever noticed it otherwise!

Kruxer

Hey EdB,

I`ve the same problem like Armorpiercing125
Quote from: Armorpiercing125 on May 31, 2017, 10:52:47 AM
When i click on prepare Button it makes the click animation but nothing happens.

Btw thank you so much for your time and your Mod.

EdB

Quote from: Kruxer on June 01, 2017, 10:14:31 AM
Hey EdB,

I`ve the same problem like Armorpiercing125
Quote from: Armorpiercing125 on May 31, 2017, 10:52:47 AM
When i click on prepare Button it makes the click animation but nothing happens.

This is generally caused by some kind of mod conflict.  If you know how to enable development mode and look at the debug console, it often displays errors that might give you a hint as why the mod is failing.  Unfortunately, that's sometimes not enough, and it can be difficult to figure out which mod is causing the conflicts.  If you have time to narrow it down by enabling/disabling mods to see if the error still happens, that can lead you to the problem mod.

Once we've identified the problem mod, then I can test it out and figure out how to fix, if possible.

EdB

I released a new version of the mod, v0.17.1.4 that has important fixes for a handful of issues that were in the previous release.  Changes include:

• Added much better compatibility with alien races mods.
  • Bug fix: Better filtering of invalid factions and pawn kinds to avoid errors when adding a character from a different faction.
  • Bug fix: The randomize options now take into account a character's faction.
  • Bug fix: Updated preset file format so that sibling-only parent/child groups are no longer lost when saving a preset.
  • Bug fix: Removed the save-game dependency created by customized scenario parts.
  • Bug fix: Fixed the "Review Scenario" button in the gameplay menu.
  • Bug fix: Sibling and some other relationships are no longer lost when saving a game.

Kruxer

I deactivated all mods just to run this.
The following is the bug report, but i shortened it, there have been some more in the list of "at EdB...etc"

Exception filling window for EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn.ResetCachedIncapableOf () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn.InitializeWithPawn (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Canute

Kruxer, you are aware that Edb just released a new version before your post ? Do you use these version or an older one ?

SpaceDorf

@EdBL; Just posting to tell you how awesome your mod is and that I love the new menu.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

EdB

Quote from: Kruxer on June 02, 2017, 04:30:59 AM
I deactivated all mods just to run this.
The following is the bug report, but i shortened it, there have been some more in the list of "at EdB...etc"

Exception filling window for EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn.ResetCachedIncapableOf () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn.InitializeWithPawn (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Please double-check which version of RimWorld that you're running.  If you are running an early version of the Alpha 17 release (pre 0.17.1542), you will get this error.  Be sure that you're running the latest (currently 0.17.1546).

EdB

I released a new version of the mod, v0.17.1.5 that has fixes for a handful of issues that were in the previous release.  Changes include:

• Can now choose from both player and non-player factions when creating a new faction pawn.
  • Bug fix: Hidden pawns are not killed if they have already been added into the world.
  • Bug fix: Apparel generated for faction pawns is now also set to normal quality with no damage.
  • Bug fix: Fixed skill name labels so that they are localized properly.

MintyFr3sh

When i click the prepare carefully button nothing happens. (i have no other mods loaded)

EdB

Quote from: MintyFr3sh on June 03, 2017, 11:06:19 PM
When i click the prepare carefully button nothing happens. (i have no other mods loaded)

Please double-check which version of RimWorld that you're running.  If you are running an early version of the Alpha 17 release (pre 0.17.1542), you will get this error.  Be sure that you're running the latest (currently 0.17.1557).