[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mufflamingo

Quote from: AngleWyrm on July 23, 2017, 02:44:39 AM

Quote from: Mufflamingo on July 22, 2017, 09:05:08 PM
Forest fairies doesnt really match well from your account pic. ;D

That might depend on what I intend to do with them.

You just made me go to a site that should not be named.  :'(
Bleeeee. . . . .

AngleWyrm

They have the courtesy of putting up a door that says 18+
so as not to disturb the local wildlife.

Wanna hanky?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

animagus_kitty

*sees stuff about skimpily clad fairies* what have i walked into
i just wanted to know why, when I moved my Rimworld folder (the whole thing) from one hard drive to another, it misplaced my presets. .___.

pls help, i need an adult

SpaceDorf

Quote from: animagus_kitty on July 29, 2017, 11:24:45 PM
*sees stuff about skimpily clad fairies* what have i walked into
i just wanted to know why, when I moved my Rimworld folder (the whole thing) from one hard drive to another, it misplaced my presets. .___.

pls help, i need an adult

could you be more specific which presets you mean ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: animagus_kitty on July 29, 2017, 11:24:45 PM
i just wanted to know why, when I moved my Rimworld folder (the whole thing) from one hard drive to another, it misplaced my presets.
Settings aren't stored in the Rimworld game folder or any of it's sub-folders. They are stored in a separate place. In-game you can go into options and press the "Open save data folder" to get there.

Win7+ "C:\Users\{YOUR_USERNAME}\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios"
WinXP: "C:\Documents and Settings\{YOUR_USERNAME}\Local Settings\Application Data\Ludeon Studios"
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

animagus_kitty

openyourmind

I cant add a colonist with a bite scar or missing limb (rib for instance). While in dev mode i can remove rib or ear or leg, i cannot give scar. Character currently generate with scars, but if you try to open the same character in Edb it will just give bite or cut, without the scar, abd when they spawn they will bleed from it.

Can you fix/edit this?

Penitent Engine

Hi guys, just dropping in for a quick question or two. Thanks in advance for your help.

So, I was playing with this mod a few months previously and there was a huge drawback to it that made me stop playing altogether. I really liked this mod and couldn't imagine playing without it and I would spend a long time perfectly crafting every character to be unique, immersive and balanced. Yet when I would load into the game, all of the traits and so forth would be randomized because apparently a lot of them are tied to race or other random elements. But because I have no way of knowing which things are tied to what, I'd be getting completely random and unknown things happening with my character when I start playing, which is worse than the default character creation because there at least I could reroll and know what I'm getting. Has there been any change or update to how this works? Any advice on how to make this less incredibly frustrating?

skullywag

you can set literally everything, its all customisable. The only thing hardcoded are some of the names in some of the backstories.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Oblitus

You also can't edit starting inventory. Can be important if you add faction pawns.

Penitent Engine

Quote from: skullywag on August 07, 2017, 11:29:12 AM
you can set literally everything, its all customisable. The only thing hardcoded are some of the names in some of the backstories.

I don't think you understand what I'm saying. I don't have problems setting or customizing anything. Character creation works perfectly. But when I load into the game, there's a good chance that my character attributes will be randomized because many of those attributes are incompatible with each other (for various reasons, many of them race-related, which are not evident at all when creating the character) and so replacements are chosen randomly. Which means I will make a healer character with a healer backstory and vocation as well as appropriate stats and yet when I start the game, those elements will be rerolled, often leaving me with a character that has conflicting attributes, such as a high healing stat but traits and so forth that render that character incapable of healing.

I have had this discussion on this forum before about this mod, several alphas ago and it was a known issue that apparently didn't bother anyone else.

kubolek01

Finally no playing with dev menu to make things as I wish. Perfect for complex stories around the colony.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

BeoTea

I've run into a problem. I'm playing with Misc MAI, the android mod. the problem is that when I set more than three colonists the next one becomes a MAI. As in, I have 4 people made, but one of them, the same person each time, turns into a MAI as soon as they exit the escape pod. Their picture at the top even shows them as them before they land, but it changes as soon as it opens.

The person suffering the robotification also isnt the fourth person, she was one of the original three. It seems its only her, because I dont run into the problem when I delete her and add a different person.

Sorry if my question is repetitive or if this was already asked. Thanks in advance.

Update: It seems no matter what I do, one of them is always turning into MAI.

Dragoon

I tried to make two paws brother but for some reason, it did not work. I set them both up with a hidden parent, but it still just says, friend.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

code99xx

Quote from: BeoTea on August 19, 2017, 09:17:43 AM
I've run into a problem. I'm playing with Misc MAI, the android mod. the problem is that when I set more than three colonists the next one becomes a MAI. As in, I have 4 people made, but one of them, the same person each time, turns into a MAI as soon as they exit the escape pod. Their picture at the top even shows them as them before they land, but it changes as soon as it opens.

The person suffering the robotification also isnt the fourth person, she was one of the original three. It seems its only her, because I dont run into the problem when I delete her and add a different person.

Sorry if my question is repetitive or if this was already asked. Thanks in advance.

Update: It seems no matter what I do, one of them is always turning into MAI.

Im also having this issue. I am trying to play an RP game of sorts and i have made 6 people and 3 of them always end up as MAI. I dunno why this is happening ...