[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiame

DraconicGaming

So, a few issues I'd like to point out, some of which you seem to acknowledge, but some you might not:

Firstly, you mentioned not being able to handle the "left behind" colonists. Well, with the scenario editor, that's an easy fix. I do it all the time while playing Rimworld.

Second, there's the team skills. This was added with B18, and is dependent of you're current colonists. Unfortunately, as far as I'm aware, PC doesn't display this in the interface. Taking this into account also seems appropriate.

Third, you mentioned the incompatibilities with Alien Humanoid Races. See if you can get in contact with Erdelf, and try to work the problem out. He might fanboy out, considering the popularity of your mod, but I'm sure the two of you could work out a solution. Native support would be a godsend for race-modders in Rimworld.

Those are my thoughts, I'm no coding guru, but I'm sure you can work something out. I have a reputation for posting huge threads of suggestions that will probably never happen.

Ancient Aliens Guy

There is an issue on this mod's end with Psychology. I'll let you decipher what this means, but my best guess from my post at the Steam modpage (at both here and there for your convenience, on Steam under B18 Bugs thread) is that there is an issue with rendering Prepare Carefully's GUI while Psychology is enabled, leading to no response when the "Prepare Carefully" button is clicked during colony prep. Here is the error log:
Exception filling window for RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.UtilityCopy.CopyExposableViaReflection (string,object,object,object[]) <0x0006a>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ExtensionsPawn.CopyModdedProperties (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x00060>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ExtensionsPawn.Copy (Verse.Pawn) <0x0026d>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.InitializePawns () <0x00083>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.Initialize () <0x00034>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.HarmonyPatches.DoWindowContentsPostfix (UnityEngine.Rect,RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns) <0x00171>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns.DoWindowContents_Patch1 (object,UnityEngine.Rect) <0x0052b>
at Verse.Window/<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (int) <0x00735>

Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0:<>m__0(Int32)
UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

Let me know if this helps.

EMBEAM

you should add more injuries and spots to put them
Bleeding Wounds, brain wounds, eye wounds ect.

notfood

Is anyone else getting grey screen when any pawns take damage after landing? I traced the problem to PrepareCarefully whenever the number of pawns in the scenario is higher than the ones landing after editing it with PC, the colonist bar will error out. A work around is to save as soon as you land then restart the whole RimWorld program. The bug was introduced in A17 August update but for some reason it happens very often in B18.

DraconicGaming

Quote from: notfood on December 07, 2017, 05:04:29 PM
Is anyone else getting grey screen when any pawns take damage after landing? I traced the problem to PrepareCarefully whenever the number of pawns in the scenario is higher than the ones landing after editing it with PC, the colonist bar will error out. A work around is to save as soon as you land then restart the whole RimWorld program. The bug was introduced in A17 August update but for some reason it happens very often in B18.

I've noticed this too, but have not found any solutions. More likely than not, it's something to do with your mod list, so check for compatibility with other mods, first.

Quote from: EMBEAM on December 07, 2017, 02:17:31 PM
you should add more injuries and spots to put them
Bleeding Wounds, brain wounds, eye wounds ect.

I agree, as there's a few injuries that aren't available from the PC menu, but probably for a damn good reason...

forumgod

Does not work with the Psychology mod, crashes if you open the custom Psyche window from it.

notfood

Quote from: DraconicGaming on December 08, 2017, 04:18:09 AM

I've noticed this too, but have not found any solutions. More likely than not, it's something to do with your mod list, so check for compatibility with other mods, first.

Nono, 100% certain it's Prepare Carefully causing it. Reproducible always as the only loaded mod.

DraconicGaming

Quote from: notfood on December 08, 2017, 08:49:21 PM
Quote from: DraconicGaming on December 08, 2017, 04:18:09 AM

Nono, 100% certain it's Prepare Carefully causing it. Reproducible always as the only loaded mod.

I'll take a look when I have the time. Most of the time, it has something to do with the mod order, as that is usually the case. Do you have an error log? Error logs can let us take a look at what exactly is happening when the screen turns grey.

Mst

In my case with Psychology it doesn't crash but this is the error it gives

Exception filling window for RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.UtilityCopy.CopyExposableViaReflection (string,object,object,object[]) <0x0006a>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ExtensionsPawn.CopyModdedProperties (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn) <0x00060>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ExtensionsPawn.Copy (Verse.Pawn) <0x0026d>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.InitializePawns () <0x00083>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.Initialize () <0x00034>
at EdB.PrepareCarefully.HarmonyPatches.DoWindowContentsPostfix (UnityEngine.Rect,RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns) <0x00171>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns.DoWindowContents_Patch1 (object,UnityEngine.Rect) <0x0052b>
at Verse.Window/<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (int) <0x00735>

UnityEngine.GUI:CallWindowDelegate(WindowFunction, Int32, Int32, GUISkin, Int32, Single, Single, GUIStyle)

After disabling Prepare Carefully and using vanilla randomizing option for pawns now I've got this error spamming.

Exception filling window for RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: key
  at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[Verse.Pawn,RimWorld.PortraitsCache+CachedPortrait].TryGetValue (Verse.Pawn key, RimWorld.CachedPortrait& value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PortraitsCache.Get (Verse.Pawn pawn, Vector2 size, Vector3 cameraOffset, Single cameraZoom) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns.DrawPawnList (Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Page_ConfigureStartingPawns.DoWindowContents (Rect rect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Window+<WindowOnGUI>c__AnonStorey0.<>m__0 (Int32 x) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Zalpha

Thanks too this mod, I finally got into modding the game. This is my fav no.1 mod to have. Thanks for making it, I hope it keeps uptdate a long with the base game. Keep up the good work. :D

PixelBitZombie

This is conflicting with Rim Madness Vampires. Couldn't start the game through EDB, once I took it out it worked fine. The specific error is something like "Could not create or find player base faction". Something like that.

Edit: I completely forgot how to do the steps.

During scenario editor, choose the vampire one. Select your world etc. Choose EDB and then try to start the game.
"When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the White Knight is talking backwards
And the Red Queen's off with her head"

Kagea

Just 4 words
Can't live/play without it
Thank you for sharing this amazing mod!

roenais

Having a problem with the mod: When I set relationships on the relationships tab, the map won't load. It just throws me back to the title screen. Every other part of prepare carefully seems to work fine, it's just the relationships. I'm getting around it by adding relationships in dev mode once the games loaded, but I'm not sure what the problem is with the character creation one. I'm guessing it's a conflict with another mod, but I don't have the patience to figure out which because i have over 120. I'm happy with my workaround, just thought I'd bring it up.