[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spyderwebsc

Quote from: kimeXIV on October 20, 2018, 11:48:31 AM
I feel like this has probably been asked before, but is it possible to customize refugees/prisoners you recruit? I haven't been able to find a definitive answer anywhere.

I don't think you can using Prepare Carefully.

It's possible to do it by editting the savegame file using an editor like Notepad++. I wouldn't recommend doing it this way unless you have at least some working knowledge of XML and make a backup copy of your savegame.

SilentJay22

Quote from: kimeXIV on October 20, 2018, 11:48:31 AM
I feel like this has probably been asked before, but is it possible to customize refugees/prisoners you recruit? I haven't been able to find a definitive answer anywhere.

Look for the ChangeMirror and ChangeDresser mods to fiddle around with the looks of other colonists outside of Prepare Carefully.

Jiro

Sorry for the potentially obtuse question, but where in the game directory are characters/presets stored? I would assume they are saved as .xml files but I can't seem to find them that way.
[This is my first post on the forum, doesn't having verification for each reply seem a little overkill, at least for non-anonymous posting?]

Canute

Same area like the config/scenario's get stored.

Jiro

Quote from: Canute on October 25, 2018, 04:25:40 AM
Same area like the config/scenario's get stored.
Sorry, I am still new to going "under the hood" with this game. What is the file or path I should be looking for? Thank you.

Canute

I don't know what OS version you are playing.
But if you use the windows version, at the option you got "Open saved data folder" which lead you to the area.

Jiro

Quote from: Canute on October 25, 2018, 09:40:04 AM
But if you use the windows version, at the option you got "Open saved data folder" which lead you to the area.
Thanks, this helped a lot, I found it right away. I don't like things being stored in AppData or otherwise outside of the main game directory though, is there a way to re-configure it so that it stays within the game files?

Canute

You just can tell rimworld at whole to change the saved data location, but not a single mod.
Read the readme.txt at your rimworld install about the commandline parameters.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: 中村ジロウ on October 25, 2018, 10:10:33 AM
Quote from: Canute on October 25, 2018, 09:40:04 AM
Thanks, this helped a lot, I found it right away. I don't like things being stored in AppData or otherwise outside of the main game directory though, is there a way to re-configure it so that it stays within the game files?

There are directions for customizing data location in the readme in the main program folder.

Jiro

Quote from: Canute on October 25, 2018, 11:16:43 AM
You just can tell rimworld at whole to change the saved data location, but not a single mod.
Thank you. This should move all save locations for all mods as well, right?
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on October 25, 2018, 01:50:15 PM
There are directions for customizing data location in the readme in the main program folder.
So there are no in-game settings or options to change the save location? I have to run RimWorld either from a special shortcut or from cmd? Thank you.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: 中村ジロウ on October 25, 2018, 03:12:06 PM
Quote from: Canute on October 25, 2018, 11:16:43 AM
Thank you. This should move all save locations for all mods as well, right?
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on October 25, 2018, 01:50:15 PM
So there are no in-game settings or options to change the save location? I have to run RimWorld either from a special shortcut or from cmd? Thank you.

Yep, just make a new shortcut with the proper parameter/location set at the end.

Jiro

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on October 25, 2018, 03:16:04 PM
Yep, just make a new shortcut with the proper parameter/location set at the end.
It will work for now, but I am frankly astonished that a better way hasn't yet been implemented. Thanks for your help, I appreciate it.

sumghai

Quote from: 中村ジロ on November 03, 2018, 06:52:39 PM
Quote from: rambo on November 03, 2018, 02:44:05 PM
1.0?
B19 version works with 1.0
Based on my personal experience, the B19 version does not work in 1.0 - an error message appears if you try pressing the Prepare Carefully button while setting up a new game.

There is a 1.0-compatible prerelease on GitHub:

https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases