[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jiro

Quote from: sumghai on November 03, 2018, 07:24:10 PM
Based on my personal experience, the B19 version does not work in 1.0 - an error message appears if you try pressing the Prepare Carefully button while setting up a new game.

There is a 1.0-compatible prerelease on GitHub:

https://github.com/edbmods/EdBPrepareCarefully/releases
My bad! I thought I had remembered having a 1.0 compatible version installed but I couldn't find it.

YeojaChingu

So, i'm using the 1.0-compatible release that was posted above, encounter some weird result upon pod landing,  some item were duplicated/double. 
For instance if i add 10 plasteel blade, 10 HeavySMG, etc upon landing it become 20 plasteel blade, 20 HeavySMG.
Not sure what cause it, a conflict with another mod ? This is my first time using EdB mod.

I do try add just 9 blade, 9 HeavySMG, and upon landing it spawned the cirrect number.
So it seems i can't add more than 2 digit for certain item ?

Canute

I just tried it out.
got 10 of each
Bolt-action rifle
Revolver
Flak vest
Flak pant
add with that mod, then start the scenario.
After the drop box landed and anything spawn.
I got just 10 of each lay on ground.

I tried it again with 25 plasteel knifes, and after the drop i just got 25 knifes.

So i think it is some conflict with another mod you use.
But when you don't got any errors at the log, you can try to move the mod on top after the required libariers or at the end of the list.
If you got error's at the log, you should try to eliminate them first.

YeojaChingu

This is weird, i disable everything so there's only "Core", and EdB (v1.0.10) mod.

Didn't alter anything at all except for adding more quantity of some equipment.

But it still got me this result (20 Bolt rifles), even before landing:

Not every item get double, the revolver got duplicate into 12 instead:

Canute

Just a question.
Did you have any other mods before this mod before like Hugslib ?
I saw this mod still use the old harmony libary. I am not a modder so i don't know if that made a difference.
But just try to add Hugslib before EdB PC and check if that made a difference for you.

Merudo

Is there a way to change the quality of the default equipment?

Even a simple text file that can be edited to change the quality of every item spawned at landing (say, from "Normal" to"Excellent") would be amazing.

EDIT: I also have the same bug as above - I get multiple copies of items.

Trentennisfigati

Does anyone know why loading/saving characters on EdB messes up Facial Stuff?

Jiro

Suddenly getting an error "Failed to initialize" even though it was working with no issues whatsoever less than a day ago and I have no clue how to fix it. Neither reinstalling nor isolating the mod helps. Is anyone else having a similar experience?

Canute

I would think one of your other mod's got an update or one of the new ones prevent now the use of EdB PC.
You should try if it still works when you only got EdB PC activated.

Jiro

@Canute
Quote from: 中村ジロ on February 07, 2019, 02:31:54 AM
Neither reinstalling nor isolating the mod helps.
It doesn't work even if it is the only mod activated.

Canute

Sorry skiped the isolating part.
Mosttimes people just copy over the ziparchive and didn't delete the old mod folder, if you didn't do that, try that.
Maybe delete Core and reinstall rimworld too.
When that don't help the only last idea is to delete the Config folder (same area where the safegames are) and maybe "PrepareCarefully" folder but there are only the preset stored no settings.

With my both Rimworld version 2096 and 2150 the mod works without problems.

Jiro

@Canute
Even when properly installed in the Mods folder it doesn't work. I tried reinstalling RimWorld a few times and that doesn't work either. Deleting the config folders also doesn't have an effect. Strangely enough no "PrepareCarefully" folder is generated though.

Canute

The  "PrepareCarefully" folder only get generated when you safe your pawn with the mod, when you didn't safed any before, no folder exist.

About reinstalling, do you just uninstall and install it, or did you delete the old folders too before you installed it again ?

You wrote
"Suddenly getting an error "Failed to initialize""
You are sure you use the latest version and not the B19 version ?
Refering to this topic
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=47916.0
someone got the same error when he used the B19 version.

Jiro

D'oh! Sorry about all the trouble. Yes, that was the problem. No clue how I missed that.