[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seadderkrupp

I have come across an issue with Prepare carefully created colonists and the Cybernetic storm mod. The colonists created via prepare carefully have no listings for cybernetic or nanotech limbs etc in the health bills. This is only the four colonists created this way and all others can undergoe operations to have them fitted. Do you perhaps know of any way i can change the save file etc to add the recipes so they can use these?

Thanks.

EdB

Quote from: seadderkrupp on February 16, 2015, 10:39:54 AM
I have come across an issue with Prepare carefully created colonists and the Cybernetic storm mod. The colonists created via prepare carefully have no listings for cybernetic or nanotech limbs etc in the health bills. This is only the four colonists created this way and all others can undergoe operations to have them fitted. Do you perhaps know of any way i can change the save file etc to add the recipes so they can use these?

From a quick test with Prepare Carefully and Cybernetic Storm both enabled (also tested both with and without the Interface mod enabled), I was not able to reproduce this problem.  I created my colonists in Prepare Carefully, spawned in some nano parts and did have the option to install them.  Are you using other mods as well?

rdz1122

Same issue for me, as I posted before.  I have deleted and "reinstalled" the entire Alpha 8, started with ONLY EdB and Crash Landing, and get two major issues:
     1. If I start with the "Amongst the Wreckage" scenario, everythings works fine, until I reload.  Then black screen; I can hear sounds, but nothing else.
     2. I can't use the "Crash Landing - Hard" scenario; I get through all the menus, the game starts with a yellow warning, then nothing at all.  I left it running on FF for several minutes, and nothing.  "Crash Landing - Easy" works just fine though.

if i load an more mods, "Wreckage" acts the same as before, but sometimes I get a melting white screen to black.

If anyone has any more suggestions, I would welcome them.  I have all the latest mod releases for anything I use.

Quote from: Woolridge on January 15, 2015, 02:17:50 AM
wow, that was fast O_O
well, i'll try it out and let you know if i get any further errors

edit

sorry, but i still end up in a blackscreen with the console spitting out dozens of errors,
the only difference is, that i'm now able to change the starting items, wich were a blank screen in the previous build^^

here a link to a screenshot of what i get when starting with EdB interface, Prepare Carefully and The Metal Age:
http://i.imgur.com/luOHWU8.jpg?1
(i hope that image-host is allowed here, since i don't know where else i should upload them)

Dragoon

Quote from: shhfiftyfive on February 09, 2015, 12:06:17 PM
-snip-
Did you exit and turn rim world back on after turning off/on any mods? Ive only error when I don't do that.

Quote from: rdz1122 on February 16, 2015, 05:48:24 PM
-snip-

When you only had end+ crash landing did you also try with ebd scenarios? Also you restart the game after loading it with only those 2 mods active I ask because I've also done the try and test thing before and the game if you load your copy only and then the original only the mods you have on in the copy will be on.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

EdB

Quote from: rdz1122 on February 16, 2015, 05:48:24 PM
Same issue for me, as I posted before.  I have deleted and "reinstalled" the entire Alpha 8, started with ONLY EdB and Crash Landing, and get two major issues:
     1. If I start with the "Amongst the Wreckage" scenario, everythings works fine, until I reload.  Then black screen; I can hear sounds, but nothing else.
     2. I can't use the "Crash Landing - Hard" scenario; I get through all the menus, the game starts with a yellow warning, then nothing at all.  I left it running on FF for several minutes, and nothing.  "Crash Landing - Easy" works just fine though.

Take a look at my response in the Scenarios thread.  I'm not sure I have a solution to both issues, but I was able to reproduce the problems with the Crash Landing scenario.

seadderkrupp

So i spent the night going through mods and disabling them though not created any colonists through Prepare carefully. And it seems to be the Glittertech mod. So went into it again and used P.C to make some colonists, saved the preset and got a small error message about missing mods(missed it being over the corner of screen). Also checked the bodyparts of p.c and it was missing the nanotech parts from the selections. Going to have to go routing about in the glittertech defs file to see if i can find what causes this.
Thanks for looking into it.

Edit - found it. The humanoid Defs file in Glittertech is missing the recipes for most of the cybernetics etc. So copied all the recipes from cybernetic storm into that file and it works. Sorry to have bothered you with this just thought you may have come across it. ( and saved me the last 4 or so hours looking through tonnes of def files lol :)

Again thanks.

unifex

Does anyone know if this works with alpha 9? Its one of the go-to mods for me; I'll give it a shot and see in the meantime but if there's any subtle issues or bugs that might bite me that anyone has found I thought I'd check.

EdB

Quote from: unifex on February 18, 2015, 11:27:25 PM
Does anyone know if this works with alpha 9? Its one of the go-to mods for me; I'll give it a shot and see in the meantime but if there's any subtle issues or bugs that might bite me that anyone has found I thought I'd check.

It will not work with alpha 9.  I've begun converting it, but it will probably take a couple of days before it will be ready.

Kelvorn

Thank you for the time you put into these mods to help enhance this game for us.

Vonholtz

Quote from: Kelvorn on February 19, 2015, 07:31:33 AM
Thank you for the time you put into these mods to help enhance this game for us.

100% agree with this. Thank you EdB your mods are great and make the game much better.

Hoodinski

Quote from: EdB on February 19, 2015, 12:25:22 AM
It will not work with alpha 9.  I've begun converting it, but it will probably take a couple of days before it will be ready.
Lovely mate! I admire your commitment and passion. And I cannot wait for the new version! Great job! :)

Got_Donuts

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. My wife and I love this mod.

gehennianviceroy

Awesome work, I can't imagine playing Rimworld without your mods. Godspeed on the update.

psilous

excited to finally try it out. I have heard amazing things about this mod and think it is essential after testing Alpha 9