[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saddler123

Hey, I have the latest version of RW and the A9 version of Prepare Carefully but when i create a new colony the Prepare Carefully button isnt there.

Rathael

DoReVo

Same here, I have the latest alpha 9d, and the prepare carefully button is not there.

skullywag

Confirming issue, no errors in console but no button. Second attempt and starting a game results in argument cannot be null error, something in the equipment list generator?
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Dragoon

What mods do you have I am not not getting an error?

I just want to compare I have:
Animuhair
battle stations
core
cybernetic storm
darkness
prepare
Expanded Prosthetics &Organ Engineering
fast floors
fix bone
grow goods
half-rim
horrors
icons
romance
Miscellaneous
modular tables
more vanilla turrets
more hair
more storage
rim effect
rim fire
rtgs
target practice
temperature control
vein miner
water boarding
zombie
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

MsMeiriona

I'm not getting an error either, prepare carefully is available just fine for me with latest update.

Mousermouse

For anyone who isn't seeing the prepare carefully button. Be sure that, in your excitement and glee, you didn't place the mod two folders deep.
Fixing that issue fixed it for me..

PTracy2014

I know i sound stupid, but im pretty new to the game and all, wheres the download button for this mod-pack? XD

EdB

Quote from: Mousermouse on February 21, 2015, 01:46:23 PM
For anyone who isn't seeing the prepare carefully button. Be sure that, in your excitement and glee, you didn't place the mod two folders deep.
Fixing that issue fixed it for me..

Thanks for sharing this info.  This is almost always the cause of this particular problem.

If you're seeing this issue and this does not solve it for you, please let me know.

skullywag

deffo not a mod setup issue, ill try with just your mod, might be a conflict.

EdB

Quote from: PTracy2014 on February 21, 2015, 01:52:42 PM
I know i sound stupid, but im pretty new to the game and all, wheres the download button for this mod-pack? XD

There is a Dropbox link in the original post, below the screenshots.

If you don't want to use Dropbox for some reason, the mod is also included as an attachment at the bottom of the original post, but you must be logged into the forum to see that link.

Stavi

The button was missing for me too.

I deleted my old worlds and saves and the button appeared

skullywag

it seems to work for me if I dont use my PODs mod or my Tomahawk mod, im guessing im doing something that PC doesnt like with the equipment, ill double check them for any sneaky updates since 9b.

skullywag

EdB, mean anything to you?

System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: source

at System.Linq.Check.SourceAndPredicate (System.Object source, System.Object predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Linq.Enumerable.SingleOrDefault[ThingCategoryDef] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase.CreateEquipmentEntry (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuffDef, Int32 type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase.AddThingDef (Verse.ThingDef def, Int32 type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase.BuildEquipmentLists () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.Page_CharMaker..ctor (Boolean generateColonists) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ModController.MenusUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ModController.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Wait....the thingCategory.....

edit - yep got it was missing:

<thingCategories>
      <li>Grenades</li>
    </thingCategories>

from those mods