[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rathael

Yes, for me it was the PODs mod that made the button go away.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Hoovytaurus

Quote from: EdB on February 21, 2015, 01:53:58 PM
Quote from: Mousermouse on February 21, 2015, 01:46:23 PM
For anyone who isn't seeing the prepare carefully button. Be sure that, in your excitement and glee, you didn't place the mod two folders deep.
Fixing that issue fixed it for me..

Thanks for sharing this info.  This is almost always the cause of this particular problem.

If you're seeing this issue and this does not solve it for you, please let me know.

Mod was installed correctly, button still doesn't show up. I've got the latest build, and every mod I have doesn't touch anything this mod does. Except maybe Apparello, which is out of date (but mostly works anyway), but otherwise I can't think of anything.

EdB

Quote from: skullywag on February 21, 2015, 02:39:36 PM
EdB, mean anything to you?

System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

I will add a check so that it doesn't fail so badly if categories are missing because that will likely cause issues with other mods.

collin1008

I have been looking for a mod like this, VERY EXCITED!!!! Thanks so much!

ASCarroll

Anybody else having an issue where no buttons are showing up? I just did a clean download of the latest RimWorld version, added the latest Prepare Carefully version, tried to turn it on, and... nothing. It's just the background without any of the main menu buttons. I tried redownloading both. Still no dice. It's kind of disappointing since I was waiting on this mod to play again. Anybody have any ideas? I'm not trying to use any other mods with it. All the folders are one deep.

EdB

Quote from: ASCarroll on February 22, 2015, 01:37:27 AM
Anybody else having an issue where no buttons are showing up? I just did a clean download of the latest RimWorld version, added the latest Prepare Carefully version, tried to turn it on, and... nothing. It's just the background without any of the main menu buttons. I tried redownloading both. Still no dice. It's kind of disappointing since I was waiting on this mod to play again. Anybody have any ideas? I'm not trying to use any other mods with it. All the folders are one deep.

If you read through some of the posts from earlier in the day, it sounds like some other people have been having this issue when using it with other mods.  I think I have a fix and will be posting it shortly.

Are you using other mods?

ASCarroll

Gotcha. My bad. I thought they were talking about a button introduced by another mod. This is the only one I'm using.

EdB

Quote from: ASCarroll on February 22, 2015, 01:49:26 AM
Gotcha. My bad. I thought they were talking about a button introduced by another mod. This is the only one I'm using.

Sounds like a different issue then.  Are you saying that when you first enable the mod, the main menu disappears and you're stuck on just the main background image?

I did see that happen when I accidentally loaded the alpha 8 version in alpha 9 earlier today, so definitely triple-check that you have at least version 1.7.1.  If you are using the latest, I may ask you to take a look in the error log to help me figure out what might be going on.

InfinityKage

Here is all the mods I have installed. No Prepare Carefully button. Any ideas?

[attachment deleted due to age]

Dragoon

Quote from: InfinityKage on February 22, 2015, 04:12:34 AM

Didn't someone say PODs mod was causing it to not show up?
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

InfinityKage

Quote from: Dragoon on February 22, 2015, 05:07:13 AM
Quote from: InfinityKage on February 22, 2015, 04:12:34 AM

Didn't someone say PODs mod was causing it to not show up?

Tried removing both POD as well as Tomahawk. Still no button.

Dragoon

Are all your mods alpha 9 or are some from alpha 8 that are handling? Cause if that's not ti I got nothing.
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

InfinityKage

Quote from: Dragoon on February 22, 2015, 05:26:15 AM
Are all your mods alpha 9 or are some from alpha 8 that are handling? Cause if that's not ti I got nothing.

nope. All alpha 9 mods.

skullywag

Are you guys getting the "source cannot be null" error?

Tomahawk and PODs have been fixed, redownload if you havent. If you are seeing the above issue a mod has forgotten to add thingcategories, its a case of adding mods 1 by 1 to find the one that does it.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?