[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aelia

Quote from: Geozo on April 16, 2015, 07:09:51 PM
You know. This is the mod I sit on. Every time an update comes out I think to myself...eh...I can wait a week for my preferred mods. After all I'm a guy who likes to be thorough. I prefer to PREPARE CAREFULLY.

Seriously though. This is a good mod. I'm eager for the alpha 10 update.

Same. I tried playing without this mod, and I just... can't.

SageKalzi

I forgot about how much I used this mod, please update it soon.

Akyla

Anybody try version 9 with Alpha 10?

Just rolled a depressive, trigger-happy psychopath...

Muffintrain

You've done it, EdB. Congratulations. You've made your mod an essential.
I'm now dependent on this mod and just can't play a10 without it. It just feels different.
--Which is why I'll stay with a9 until this and some other mods are updated.

Quote from: Akyla on April 17, 2015, 05:15:29 AM
Anybody try version 9 with Alpha 10?

Tried it. The button didn't show up.

Arsonik

I'm enjoying A10 at least in the mean time. At any rate, can't wait for this to update!!!!  8)

kremlinkev

Sure alpha 10 is fun, but man it is frustrating spending so much time trying to get a decent landing party just to see the map sucks (I enjoy Tundra biome) and have to start over. This mod allows you to cut once, and just launch right into the game.

jefferyharrell

I'm really new around here. I don't know whether it's annoying to have all these people saying "I love this mod and can't wait for an alpha 10 version" or whether it's nice to hear that.

I hope it's nice, cause I love this mod and can't wait for an alpha 10 version.

EdB

Just a quick update.  I have started working on the Alpha 10 updates for my mods.  I expect to have a first release sometime this weekend for Prepare Carefully, after which I'll start looking at the Interface mod.

kremlinkev

Quote from: EdB on April 17, 2015, 08:30:18 PM
Just a quick update.  I have started working on the Alpha 10 updates for my mods.  I expect to have a first release sometime this weekend for Prepare Carefully, after which I'll start looking at the Interface mod.

Thanks for the update! I haven't read the earlier pages, did you already know your work had reached should-have-been-core status?

jefferyharrell

Quote from: EdB on April 17, 2015, 08:30:18 PM

That is absolutely magnificent news. Thank you so much for being willing to put in the time. I know you don't get paid for this or anything. I bet you don't get as much appreciation as you deserve for having written such great mods.

DanRowan

Don't mind me just refreshing this page every 5 minutes, I literally cannot play without this awesome mod. Keep up the great work one day I hope this gets added to the core game.

EdB

I've released a new version of Prepare Carefully, updated to work with Alpha 10.  Check the original post for download links.

No significant changes besides making it work with the new alpha.  I did tweak the way that points are calculated again, and I changed the starting resources to no longer be random.

EDIT: Please keep in mind that the first one or two releases for a new alpha are often buggy.  Please let me know if you run into any issues.

LuKaar

I downloaded the patch, when i select "prepare carefully" the interface disappears, and all I can see is the background image. I waited a few minutes, but nothing loaded.

Looptrooper

Seems to be incompatible with Tools for haul
When i hit the "prepare carefully" button, I get this error.

[attachment deleted due to age]