[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jefferyharrell

I think I've found a bug. It's got to do with choosing a "head type" in the Prepare Carefully interface. Starting from a fresh install of alpha 10c with only Prepare Carefully added, I first created a new world with a random seed, then started a new colony choosing Cassandra with the first difficulty option, "Free play." (This happens regardless of which storyteller and difficulty I choose.) I then picked a site at random and brought up Prepare Carefully. By default, the toggle button on the left was set to "Hair." I changed it to "Head type," at which point the option choice below the portrait changed to "Average, pointy." I clicked one of the arrows to change to a different head type and got an argument out of range exception.

Here's my complete Unity player log showing the argument out of range exception and the stack trace: http://pastebin.com/6tas0bQu

At this point I'm able to back out of Prepare Carefully without any problems and bring it up again. As long as I don't try to change the head type it seems to work fine. So this is a work-aroundable problem as far as I'm concerned, but I thought you'd like to know about it.

Kaballah

EdB

Quote from: rimtrooper on April 18, 2015, 08:30:26 PM
Seems to be incompatible with Tools for haul
When i hit the "prepare carefully" button, I get this error.

I'm going to wait for some additional bug reports to come in before doing another release, but I do have a fix for this and will include it in the next release.

EdB

Quote from: jefferyharrell on April 18, 2015, 08:50:40 PM
I think I've found a bug. It's got to do with choosing a "head type" in the Prepare Carefully interface. Starting from a fresh install of alpha 10c with only Prepare Carefully added, I first created a new world with a random seed, then started a new colony choosing Cassandra with the first difficulty option, "Free play." (This happens regardless of which storyteller and difficulty I choose.) I then picked a site at random and brought up Prepare Carefully. By default, the toggle button on the left was set to "Hair." I changed it to "Head type," at which point the option choice below the portrait changed to "Average, pointy." I clicked one of the arrows to change to a different head type and got an argument out of range exception.

Here's my complete Unity player log showing the argument out of range exception and the stack trace: http://pastebin.com/6tas0bQu

At this point I'm able to back out of Prepare Carefully without any problems and bring it up again. As long as I don't try to change the head type it seems to work fine. So this is a work-aroundable problem as far as I'm concerned, but I thought you'd like to know about it.

I did not test that specifically before doing the release, and I am seeing the same issue that you're describing.  I will work on a fix.  Thanks for the bug report!

jefferyharrell

Quote from: EdB on April 18, 2015, 09:01:58 PM
I will work on a fix.  Thanks for the bug report!

Sure thing. Let me know if I can be of any more help.

Kaballah

When trying to delete a colonist preset, it doesn't appear to work, but then when you hit 'close' or attempt to overwrite (anything that closes that dialog) all of the delete confirmation dialogs then pop up as if they were queued, and when you 'confirm' on all of them the deletes are completed.

EdB

Quote from: Kaballah on April 18, 2015, 09:50:44 PM
When trying to delete a colonist preset, it doesn't appear to work, but then when you hit 'close' or attempt to overwrite (anything that closes that dialog) all of the delete confirmation dialogs then pop up as if they were queued, and when you 'confirm' on all of them the deletes are completed.

Thanks for the bug report.  The confirmation dialogs are popping up behind the load/save colonist dialog instead of on top of it.  I will fix this.

«Temple»

Hey, for me Tools for Haul v1.0 doesn't work with this, not sure if its a problem with my game but I reinstalled multiple times and still wont load the EdB Prepare Carefully interface with Tools for Haul v1.0 installed.

Tatte

I love this mod so much! I can make me and mt friends and then watch as we all die! I never make them OP of course, just 5 in everything :) ;D
~Tatte~

Kaballah

Quote from: EdB on April 18, 2015, 09:54:36 PM
Thanks for the bug report.  The confirmation dialogs are popping up behind the load/save colonist dialog instead of on top of it.  I will fix this.

Note that the same problem occurs for both colonist preset, and embark preset, fyi.

EdB

I've released a new version, 1.8.2, that fixes the bugs that have been reported so far.  Thanks again for all of the feedback!

Newpzzz

Thank you soooo much for the 10A release, the game just didn't feel the same without my custom team.

GamerGuy

skullywag

Edb any chance the BuildEquipmentLists() could have its ordering changed to find weapons first, i think im the only one doing this currently but ive made weapons stuff, this means they get discovered as resources first and are not put into the weapons tab. I can see this happening more in the future and I dont see a downside to switching the ordering around infact it makes more sense to find the main purpose of an item before classing it as a resource as the final fallback. This is only a quality of life request so not important by any means and you may know of a reason this isnt possible. Let me know if i didnt take something into account.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

NephilimNexus

Giving everyone the "cannibal" trait really helps surviving in those arctic biomes.

What?  Stop looking at me like that.