[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darcclan

I seem to have an issue where my colonists aren't taking the last 2 skin colors on the right side, (brownish and black), their bodies are correct when they land, but their heads are default white

bills6693

While you are working on it, is it possible to rework the UI by which you get resources. Currently if you want, say, 300 units of wood, you have to click the 'increase' button 300 times. Its fine for changing small stuff like weapons, clothes, medicine etc but for resources its ridiculous. I don't know if you could implement the UI similar to how trade works, i.e. the further you drag the faster it adds to your amount. Or make the button a toggle i.e. you hold down the mouse button and it keeps adding it.

Cheers though, this is my one and only essential mod (although the interface one is also great)

EdB

Quote from: bills6693 on April 20, 2015, 10:23:42 AM
While you are working on it, is it possible to rework the UI by which you get resources. Currently if you want, say, 300 units of wood, you have to click the 'increase' button 300 times. Its fine for changing small stuff like weapons, clothes, medicine etc but for resources its ridiculous. I don't know if you could implement the UI similar to how trade works, i.e. the further you drag the faster it adds to your amount. Or make the button a toggle i.e. you hold down the mouse button and it keeps adding it.

What you describe is actually how it should be working now.  Try clicking and dragging on the number to increase the amounts more quickly.  You can also hold down the shift key when clicking the arrows to increase the amount by 10 instead of 1.  If you hold down the shift key while dragging it will make the amounts increase even more rapidly. 

jefferyharrell

Quote from: Darcclan on April 20, 2015, 02:09:33 AM
I seem to have an issue where my colonists aren't taking the last 2 skin colors on the right side, (brownish and black), their bodies are correct when they land, but their heads are default white

Are you using 1.8.2? I had that problem but it went away when I installed 1.8.2.

EdB

I've done another bug-fix release, 1.8.3.

Quote from: skullywag on April 19, 2015, 03:37:46 PM
Im having major issues with naming my colonists the name fields are royally messed up...anyone else having this?

I think this is fixed now.  I'm not seeing the issues that I was seeing before with the focus and cursor being messed up with the text fields, but I'm not sure that the problem I was seeing matched what was being described.  Let me know if this does not fix the issue.

Quote from: skullywag on April 19, 2015, 03:33:19 AM
Edb any chance the BuildEquipmentLists() could have its ordering changed to find weapons first, i think im the only one doing this currently but ive made weapons stuff, this means they get discovered as resources first and are not put into the weapons tab.

I've made this change so those weapons should be showing up in the right place now.

skullywag

Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

SleepyFox

I don't know if it's possible or not, but you've done UI mods.. so maybe. But would you be able to make a main menu option that allows you to customize colonists? Like a 'Colonist Builder' button so you can make them and then save them to make it easier than starting new colony, picking your storyteller, waiting for the map to load, clicking a thing, clicking another thing and then going from there? It's a laziness modification, yes, but it could be good for convenience.
Streaming Games 24/7 @ InsomniacGamers.net

Minus

Quote from: skullywag on April 19, 2015, 03:37:46 PM
Im having major issues with naming my colonists the name fields are royally messed up...anyone else having this?
Been having that since Alpha 6. Thought that was a core game bug.

Also like everyone else, I can't play a new Alpha until I get this mod.

Our cybernetic hearts mean we care more!
Mods: Extended Surgery and Bionics, Brain Surgery, Medical XP Balance

Ninefinger

Found a small bug, it seems that prepare carefully does not support "Accessory" Layer of apparel from the Apparello mod and on a very rare occasion will cause the character screen to to go blank being unable to continue until restart.

Mido

This is one of those mods that bring over essential Dwarf Fortress features and should really be included in the base game. Excellent mod, good work OP.

deadlydullahan

Asking in advance, and I know this is a very situational thing, but what would you estimate would be the amount of time for this mod to be updated for alpha 11 once it's here? A rough estimate works from past experience, few days or a week?

Ienkoron

Quote from: deadlydullahan on May 27, 2015, 09:49:38 PM
Asking in advance, and I know this is a very situational thing, but what would you estimate would be the amount of time for this mod to be updated for alpha 11 once it's here? A rough estimate works from past experience, few days or a week?
Alpha 11 already? *looks at mod list and all the things needing updates and runs away screaming*
If there's someone likely to over react, that's likely to be me :P

akiceabear

Adding once again how great this mod is!

Any possibility of incorporating a random starting location option in this? Or as a separate  mod? Was my favorite feature of the scenarios mod.

EdB

Quote from: deadlydullahan on May 27, 2015, 09:49:38 PM

It's usually available within a week of any given alpha release.  I upgrade Prepare Carefully before doing the Interface mod, so sometimes it only takes a few days.

sajberhippien

Hi! I have a few questions related to injuries at character creation, using Prepare Carefully.

1. Is it possible to view beforehand what injuries a colonist would have? With the standard system we can see this, but I couldn't find anything when using PC.
2. If it is possible, is it possible to change it, other than to outright disable age injuries?
3. Does changing the age of the colonist prevent age-related injuries from spawning?

Thing is, right now, I play with not being allowed to reroll, and only being allowed to change a few specific things (changing one skill and either rerolling a single trait or lowering the age by 10 years) but people tend to be pretty heavy on the injuries anyway (just started a character lowered from 65 to 55, and he started frail with bad back and cataracts in both eyes).

It would be nice to see beforehand what injuries are to be expected, as it's pretty gamechanging (as the above example, having my only gunner and miner go to 40% speed, 56% manipulation and 30% sight is a preeeetty big deal).

Thanks a lot for any help!