[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EdB

I've released a new version, 1.9.1, that is compatible with Alpha 11.  No new features in this release.

This was by far the easiest time I've had upgrading the mod to a new alpha--it only took a couple of hours.  Of course, that probably means that something is broken in there, so be sure to report any bugs that you find.

jega

Quote from: EdB on June 10, 2015, 10:57:18 PM
I've released a new version, 1.9.1, that is compatible with Alpha 11.  No new features in this release.

This was by far the easiest time I've had upgrading the mod to a new alpha--it only took a couple of hours.  Of course, that probably means that something is broken in there, so be sure to report any bugs that you find.
I'm glad it was easy since I can't wait for the interface mod to update!

EdB

Quote from: jega on June 10, 2015, 11:04:10 PM

I'm glad it was easy since I can't wait for the interface mod to update!

I always do Prepare Carefully first just to get an idea of how many changes there are going to be.  Unfortunately, the interface mod always takes longer.  There's just a lot of tedious work that needs to be done in that mod.  It will still probably be a few days before I get a release out.

Daman453

Quote from: StorymasterQ on February 02, 2016, 08:19:52 PM
For flu, try a cock. If that doesn't work, try boobmilk. Nice.

wakko151

In these amazing times let us not forget who helps us cause all this mischief and fun. Let us not forget who busts there ass every patch day to bring us the game we demand. And let us never under appreciate the men and woman, of the modding community.

*QUE MUSIC AND STRIPPERS*

nmid

There was no chance I could have played A11 without my super doped starting colonists! :D
Thank you :)

edit - Do my colonists config saves carry forward from A10?
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

EdB

Quote from: nmid on June 11, 2015, 12:17:16 AM

They should work.   The ones that I tested worked fine, but it's possible that there are new or incompatible items that I'm not aware of.

Dave-In-Texas

first.  thanks for your prompt attention to the alpha change.

It let me create a team that i like but i'm getting the following when i try to save a preset.

i've attached the log but here is a summary
Exception filling window for EdB.PrepareCarefully.Dialog_SavePreset: System.InvalidOperationException: There is no more open element.

at System.Xml.XmlTextWriter.WriteEndElementCore (Boolean full) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlTextWriter.WriteEndElement () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Scribe.ExitNode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Scribe.FinalizeWriting () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PresetSaver.SaveToFile (EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully data, System.String presetName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.Dialog_SavePreset.DoSpecialSaveLoadGUI (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.Dialog_Preset.FillWindow (Rect inRect) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Layer_Window.DoWindowContents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

and then this error when i tested and tried to use the pcp file it created (also attached):

Exception filling window for EdB.PrepareCarefully.Dialog_LoadPreset: System.Xml.XmlException: unexpected end of file. Current depth is 4  Line 198, position 20.

at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.ReadContent () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.Xml2.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlTextReader.Read () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNodeCore (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNodeCore (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.ReadNode (System.Xml.XmlReader reader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load (System.Xml.XmlReader xmlReader) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Scribe.InitLoading (System.String filePath) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PresetLoader.LoadFromFile (EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully loadout, System.String presetName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

[attachment deleted due to age]

nmid

Quote from: EdB on June 11, 2015, 01:01:27 AM
Quote from: nmid on June 11, 2015, 12:17:16 AM

They should work.   The ones that I tested worked fine, but it's possible that there are new or incompatible items that I'm not aware of.

awesome.
Btw, the 1st post needs to be updated, it's still showing as alpha10 :)
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

EdB

Quote from: Dave-In-Texas on June 11, 2015, 01:06:53 AM
first.  thanks for your prompt attention to the alpha change.

It let me create a team that i like but i'm getting the following when i try to save a preset.

Thanks for the bug report.  Sorry about that.  I released a new version, 1.9.2, that fixes this problem.

RickyMartini

I've released a new version, 1.9.1, that is compatible with Alpha 11.

Holy shit, that was quick!

EdB <3

Der Failer

Hi EdB,
i was just looking around in the output_log to trace a bug (not related to your mods) when i stumbled over this:
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.ThingIDMaker.GiveIDTo (Verse.Thing t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.Thing.PostMake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ThingWithComps.PostMake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuff) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.CostCalculator.GetBaseThingCost (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuffDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase.CreateEquipmentEntry (Verse.ThingDef def, Verse.ThingDef stuffDef, Int32 type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase.AddThingDef (Verse.ThingDef def, Int32 type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase.BuildEquipmentLists () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.EquipmentDatabase..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.PrepareCarefully.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EdB.PrepareCarefully.ModController.OnLevelWasLoaded (Int32 level) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a new colony
2. Save it and close the game
3. Load the save
4. have a look in the output_log (it does not show up in the ingame debug log)
Output_logs can be found in the attachments.

Also:
Thanks for all your great mods :)

EdB

Quote from: Der Failer on June 13, 2015, 10:47:04 AM
i was just looking around in the output_log to trace a bug (not related to your mods) when i stumbled over this:

Thanks for the bug report.  I've released a new version, 1.9.3, that fixes this problem.

Ytm

i translated "NEED TRANSLATION" section for russian version. maybe it help