[1.0] EdB Prepare Carefully - v1.0.13 (28 Jul 2019)

Started by EdB, September 21, 2014, 12:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blub01

Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Anonemous2

Quote from: RulerBrendan on June 23, 2015, 12:48:30 AM
So.... My character has a melee level of 40..... is that supposed to happen?

No it's not, but it's happen to me when a character I saved in a earlier alpha (who is already a level 20) was loaded in the newest alpha.

Demonlord091

Quote from: EdB on June 21, 2015, 05:37:30 PM
Quote from: Avsnoopy on June 21, 2015, 12:44:17 PM
Quote from: Demonlord091 on June 20, 2015, 10:37:27 PM
The Dropbox you have for the newest version of the mod doesn't seem to work.

The Download button is grayed out and we're unable to actually download anything without it.

Anyone else seeing that or is it just me?

I believe i got around it by mashing the button.
Try clicking it 2 or 3 times.
Worked when i just tried.

Even though the button appears grayed out, clicking on it should still trigger the download.  I know the Dropbox prompt to create an account is a little annoying, but I personally prefer it the ad-driven download sites.

As an alternative, I always add the mod to the original post as an attachment--you'll find the link at the bottom of the message.  You do need to be logged in to the forums to see that link.

For some reason, the attachment link for the mod was removed for a little while--I must have forgotten to update it with the latest version.  I have fixed it, and it should be available again.

Unfortunately "mashing the Download button" on Dropbox does not seem to work for me, though I don't intend to spend an hour sitting here trying to stab the thing until it works.

I can certainly understand your dislike of ad-driven sites after downloading so many mods from Mediafire, but maybe the Nexus would be a slightly lesser evil.  At least that site doesn't have pop-up ads or get randomly blocked by antivirus software.  It does require an account for some things, but these mods are usually simple to install so users likely won't need one.

In the end the choice is yours. As long as we can download your amazing mods from somewhere I'll be more or less content with it.
Keep up the good work.

EdB

Quote from: RulerBrendan on June 23, 2015, 12:48:30 AM
So.... My character has a melee level of 40..... is that supposed to happen?

I've seen that happen once or twice.   Obviously, it's a bug, but it's a difficult to reproduce it--which means it's difficult to fix.

EdB

Quote from: blub01 on June 25, 2015, 04:30:25 PM
Is that intended to happen?

screenshot

I'm sorry, but it's not clear to me what you're pointing out.  What's wrong with that colonist?

EdB

Quote from: Demonlord091 on June 25, 2015, 09:33:51 PM
I can certainly understand your dislike of ad-driven sites after downloading so many mods from Mediafire, but maybe the Nexus would be a slightly lesser evil.  At least that site doesn't have pop-up ads or get randomly blocked by antivirus software.  It does require an account for some things, but these mods are usually simple to install so users likely won't need one.

In the end the choice is yours. As long as we can download your amazing mods from somewhere I'll be more or less content with it.

As an alternative, I'll probably continue to just attach the mod to the original post.  I started doing this in response to a couple of people who had trouble downloading from Dropbox, and it seems like a good alternative.  The only downside is that you need a forums account.

foopex

What do you think about this mod coming with pre-generated parties for various challenge levels and/or scenerios to load for a quick start?

Gibson8088

Hopefully this is the right spot for this.  I just loaded the Ultimate Overhaul Pack, following its instructions properly and all that.  Made a new world and then launched Prepare Carefully and now... when I edit a new colonist their hairstyle doesn't show up.

Oddly enough, if I load a colonist I made before the hair preview works just fine.  Perhaps you fine citizens can point me in the way of a solution to my woes?

nmid

Quote from: foopex on June 26, 2015, 09:47:56 AM
What do you think about this mod coming with pre-generated parties for various challenge levels and/or scenerios to load for a quick start?

Yup.. some courageous ppl are thinking about doing it..:p

Quote from: nmid on June 20, 2015, 08:55:34 AM
yea.. I'm looking forward to someone more creative, making a firefly/serenity team.

Quote from: Devon_v on June 23, 2015, 04:52:40 PMI'm also (slowly) working on a Firefly pack which was requested.

Quote from: nmid on June 23, 2015, 05:15:29 PM
/drooool
;D

Quote from: Devon_v on June 24, 2015, 08:27:58 PM
Psychic Drone + River = colony over, just so you know. ;P

Quote from: nmid on June 25, 2015, 03:41:26 AM
haha, hopefully in A13, we'll have interpersonal relations enabled  ::)
Simon will then be able to calm her down :)

Send Devon_v a message bugg... requesting him to post a starting version :D
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

blub01

Quote from: EdB on June 26, 2015, 01:30:06 AM

screenshot

I didn't notice that the points were in one pool for all the colonists, so i was confused when i could get 4 stats to level 20 for one colonist. but i think there still are quite a lot of points, i managed to create 3 starter colonists which had each 1 or 2 stats at level 20, allowing me to go through the tech tree at insane speeds, not need any medicine at all, and be able to create huge builds in a matter of days.
I'm sorry, but it's not clear to me what you're pointing out.  What's wrong with that colonist?
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

nmid

Quote from: blub01 on June 28, 2015, 01:58:01 PM
Quote from: EdB on June 26, 2015, 01:30:06 AM

screenshot

I didn't notice that the points were in one pool for all the colonists, so i was confused when i could get 4 stats to level 20 for one colonist. but i think there still are quite a lot of points, i managed to create 3 starter colonists which had each 1 or 2 stats at level 20, allowing me to go through the tech tree at insane speeds, not need any medicine at all, and be able to create huge builds in a matter of days.

The quote function doesn't sit right in the view window and leads to the actual reply going inside a quote, because of the gap looking as if empty space to start writing the reply...
Wish the forum would automatically place the reply at the end of the quote.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. StorymasterQ

r4ky

Hi, can someone explain me why there is 2 age number in prepare carefully ?

like : Jude age 27-453

it is age of birth / death ? But i dont think so it look a bit strange to know the age of death
it is a random age between both?

Thanks for your answer

mokonasakura

Quote from: r4ky on June 29, 2015, 03:24:39 PM
Hi, can someone explain me why there is 2 age number in prepare carefully ?

like : Jude age 27-453

it is age of birth / death ? But i dont think so it look a bit strange to know the age of death
it is a random age between both?

Thanks for your answer
Actual age and chronological age. So i can have a character who's body only aged 29 years but has slept in a chrono casket for thousands. It's sci-fi stuff.

Materialjam

Great mod! Only thing missing, in my own personal opinion, would be the ability to change the quality of the weapons/apparel. A must-have mod for any of my colonies, though.

Edit: Looking back, another good idea would be to have the description appear when you hover over things in the resources and equipment! That or some sort of stats, as this would make preparation even easier.

dopestar667

This locks my game when trying to load on Alpha 11b, build 857.